Chapter 1 meet Zoe Marton and her family

A soft breeze blows by which causes one of the strands of my light brown hair to come loose from my ponytail and down into my light aquamarine eyes as I'm sitting on the front of my father's white sailboat. I brush it back behind my right ear, I take a deep breath and smell the salty air as it's going over the Atlantic Ocean.

"You know you shouldn't do that" my dad says as he's coming from refilling the boat. I hop down and walk over towards the door so that he and my mom Shelly can come onto the boat. "It's okay dad, besides, I have my orange life jacket on, " I say as I open up the door and my dad steps onto the boat. I look up at him and he looks down at me. "I guess you're right, but still you need to be a little bit more careful because you", I cut him off "I know, because I can't swim." I then hug him tight! Some people say I look a lot like my dad Robert. I have his brown hair, nice smile, and his personality

Then my mom Shelly steps onto the boat, so I break my hug with dad and walk over towards her. She has graying black hair and I have her face, her skin color, and her light aquamarine eyes. "Are we ready to set sail on the high seas?" I ask as I hug her tight. "Yes, we are, just hang on" she replies as we break our hug. My father slips into the front seat and starts the boat and we slowly start to sail on the Atlantic Ocean. After a moment of watching the Ocean slowly go by me I slip below deck.

Once below deck I head into my room and sit down on my bed. I reach out with my left hand and pick up the picture on my bedside table and bring it towards me so that I can see it better. The picture is of me and my best friend Avery Summers when she won her swim meet, but that was five years before the day that everything changed for her and for me. I then lay back on my backside with the picture still in my hand. It's not a day I like to remember. It was just the day of another swim meet and Avery had just won her race and I was over at the edge of the pool talking to her when she went under the water. She had gotten close to the strong jets (the ones that they use to clean the pool water with). They were pulling her under the water and she wasn't strong enough to pull herself back up to the surface. Even though I couldn't swim, I wanted to help my best friend so I got to my feet. For a moment, I stood there and said to myself "Okay Zoe you can do this." I took a deep breath and just jumped head first into the pool. I struggled to get to the bottom of the pool. When I saw her body, I gently picked her up and struggled to get her and I back up to the surface so that we could breathe. I had just manged to get her to one edge of the pool before I was sucked back under the water by the same jets, but this time as I was about to blackout I was saved by the lifeguard. The next thing I knew I woke up in a hospital room. Mom and Dad said I had been in a comma for a day, but Avery wasn't so lucky. She's still in a comma till this day. I haven't had the guts to get back in the water. Mom and dad have taken me to swim lesson after swim lesson but I just can't seem to get it.

I sit back up and place the picture back in its rightful place on my bedside table. Then I stand up and walk out of my room. "Are you sure you guys can't tell me where it is we're going" I say as I'm going upstairs to the top deck. "Like I told you before, it's a surprise" my dad replies to me in a mocking tone. "Oh darn, I thought I had you there" I say in a joking tone. Then I walk over to the sofa like seat on the inside of the boat where my black music player is sitting. I walk over, sit down, pop my sea foam green ear buds in, and zone out at the sound of the music.

--------------

Robert's P.o.v

As soon as Zoe has her headphones on, I get out of the driver seat. I walk towards my wife Shelly "Are you sure we can't tell her?" I ask her as I whisper in her ear. "No. Joe said not to tell her in till we get there, " she whispers a bit louder in my ear. We then look over towards our daughter who has her head filled with music. "Do you think she's ready for this?" I ask in a whisper. "It's time for her to know who she is, and what she is" Shelly whispers. Zoe presses the pause button on her music player and we just look at her. On a whim Shelly asks "what are you listening to?" "Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift." she says, grinning at me "Do you want to help me fix dinner?" Shelly asks her "Oh uh sure" she replies in a happy tone.

-------------

this is my first story guys and I'm bad at grammar, this plot line poped into my head while I was flipping between a show about dolphins and new moon and wouldn't go away. But I'd already told my dad I wouldn't write another book until I got the other ones published, but that night that thought kept nippin, turning and turning in my brain so my I asked my dad and he got me on wattpad

____________________________________________________________________________________

Remeamber to

Vote

commet

Fan

Fallow me and, I'll fallow you back