Chapter 18 The healing

When we get back to the Cove Jordon and Kyle are waiting for us, there eyes quickly land on the shark, "Who killed that?" Jorden asks.

"James did it" I reply, looking towards Joe, who has him in her arms.

"Wow James, your first shark, Congratulations man" said Kyle, as he looks over towards James.

"Actually it was James and Zoe together" Joe corrects.

"Well, pardon me for being incorrect,Congratulations to the both of you" says Kyle, as he looks back towards me.

James who's been rubbing his temples this whole time speaks up and says, "My head is pounding" in an low groan.

"We got too get him into the healing room fast" Joe says, in a urgent tone, as she looks down at James. "I'll take the shark over to Pete's and get it out of our hair" says Pop's, as he starts the boat again. "Thanks, that would be great dad!" Joe yells over the roar of the engine. Then Pop's turns towards me, "Good luck Zoe." Then Pop's turns towards James and mutters, "Good luck James.", then Pop's drives off.

"Mom do you want us to carry James back to the house you're twelve months pregnant after all" Jordon says.

"Twelve months, I thought it was nine" I say, as I turn towards Joe.

"It is for a regular human, but a year is how long a dolphin takes" Joe says.

"Oh, I think I get it now" I say

"Good, I'm glad you do. Now lets make a run for the house, I don't think James can't take much more of this" Joe says. All three of the boy's nod, even James, at least I think it was a nod. then we turn around and start to run towards the house.

As I'm running up along side Joe, I can't help but think about what must be going through James's mind right now. Maybe he's thinking about the pain that he must be in, maybe he's thinking about our future together, maybe he's thinking about what's going to happen once we get him inside the Healing Room, what ever that is. Maybe he's thinking about the night he cut himself, because it just got to much without me there with him. Or maybe he's thinking about me in general. Whatever the case, I'm sure he's thinking about something.

I'm Now holding James's hand as I run, I feel him tense up. "James relax, the pain will be gone soon" says Kyle in a soothing voice. "Kyle, dose your dad know we're going to need the Healing Room?" Joe asks, "Yes, I sent out a message to him as soon as you entered the Cove" replies Kyle. "Is the room ready?" asks Joe. "Yes, it's all ready for you, and it's waiting for you" Kyle says, as he looks over towards James.

We slow to a walk as we come up to the house, John comes out to greet us. "The Healing Room's all ready for you my love, but there's something Zoe has to do first" he says.

I look up at him at the mention of my name, "What is it?" I ask, nervous.

"You have to accept him as your Mate" John replies.

"I'll have to accept him as my Mate, what do you mean?" I ask, curiously.

"James chose you, now it's your turn to choose him. Look some mates reject their other half, but Zoe, I must warn you. that if you do reject him, that will send him over the edge, and he will kill himself" Joe replies, I turn towards her when she does.

I turn back to John after a moment, "If I do reject him, what'll happen to me?" I ask, I hear James whimper from behind me.

"If you do reject him, you'll have no connection to James, no bond, no feelings, no nothing" John explains.

I take a step back, If I do accept him, I will have love, companionship, and a new best friend who will always be there for me, to protect me, if I need it. But if I reject him I lose all of that and more, and worse still, If I do decide to reject him the Mate pressure will surely kill him slowly.