Chapter 14 more then meet the eyes

As we enter the room where the scream is coming from, I see Bryan's on his bed with his left hand over his right arm, screaming, "What's going on Joe?" I ask looking towards her, standing to my left Joe looks back at me and says, "Ashley's trying to start an I.V on him, but Bryan's not having any of it", then an idea comes to me, I dart out of the room, I run into the living room to find Tyson still laying on the mat, I grab his black leash that's resting on the left arm of the couch, "Okay Tyson" I say as I get down on my knees, Tyson then trots over, I hook the leash on to his collar, then I stand up and me and Tyson walk back down the hallway, as we near Bryan's room, I Yell to Joe and the others, "Clear the way!", As I re- enter the room everyone looks it me with curiosity, when I'm clear of the doorway I call Tyson in, "Come here boy" I call to him, and he comes trotting into the room with not a second to spare, dragging his leash in behind him.

Bryan's eyes light up as soon as Tyson walks into the room, I then, bend myself down, pick up his leash and, then walk to the left side of Bryan's bed, "Up here boy" I say in a sweet sounding voice, as I tap on the bed a few times with my left hand, Tyson climbs onto the bed and snuggles up to Bryan and, as  Bryan's petting Tyson with his left hand, Ashley then sticks the nettle in his right arm  without a hitch, Ashley then hooks two I.V.s into Bryan's right arm, "What's in those?" I ask Ashley looking at her from the other side of the bed, "the clear one is a bag of water and, the other has some fish oil inside it, just to give him some  nutrition for the next 24 hours" She replies, "Wait, what's going to happen to him in 24 hours?" I ask, "Bryan's going to shift" Ashley replies , "Zoe how did you know the dog would help him?" Ashley asks, looking over at me, "I didn't, the idea just popped into my head, but, I'm not surprised that it did work, after all, the bond between a boy and a dog can be one of the most incredible things in the world, just  like my bond with James" I say turning towards him, I look back at Bryan, I see that he's fast asleep in his bed then, as I go to call Tyson back to me, I realize like Bryan he to is fast asleep.

All five of us walk out of the room giving Bryon and Tyson time to nap, "You know Zoe, like I told before, there's more to you and James's bond that meets the eye" says Kyle, as we start walking up the hallway, I shutter as I remember what Kyle told me before we heard Bryan screaming, I finally work up enough courage and ask, "What is it that makes our bond more then meets they eye?"

—————————————————————————————————————-

Kyle takes a deep breath as the rest of us sit down at the table ones more, Kyle then looks over at James, and smiles, James do you want to tell her or do I have to do everything" he says laughing to himself, Joe quickly interrupts Kyle's laughing, "Kyle quit torturing  your younger brother, I'll tell her the first part" she says, then turning towards me she says, "Now Zoe, do you remember this morning when we told you that, at the age of 19 all young dolphin's are asked whether they want to stay or leave?" Joe asks, I nod, "Yes, well that day for Kyle's choosing day is fast approaching and, Lilly really wants to go back home to sea turtle cove, so Kyle's thinking about going with her and since James is the only other one to have a mate if Kyle and Lilly decide to leave James will be the new leader of the Pod but, he needed his mate to do so, that's why your mom and dad had to bring you out here on such a short notice" Joe explains, "So, how long until Kyle's choosing day?" I ask looking towards Joe, "Six months" Joe replies.

"Alright, I still don't get one thing tho , if other shifters shift when they're ten, how come I didn't?" I ask to no specific person, again it's Joe, who has the answer, "Your mom was a  pediatrician right?" Joe asks, " Yes" I say with a nod, "Do you remember the shots she gave you every ten days?" Joe asks looking at me, I nod with a shutter, Mom gave me an injection of something every ten days on the dot, she said it was for my low blood sugar, "I thought those were for my low blood sugar" I say with a mutter, "Well they weren't, they were blockers that would stop your dolphin form from coming through, yep, she was good about giving it to you every tenth day, accept for one time, the one day she forgot", I swallow hard, I already know what  day she's talking about before she even opens her mouth, "It was the day your best friend Avery nearly drowned at her swim meet, that's why you dove into the water even tho you couldn't swim, the Dolphin inside you took over", hearing about Avery brings tears to my eyes, I try to blink them away but, I can't, I put my hands to my face put  my head on the table and, then I start sobbing.

 Ashley then interrupts me, "Avery, as in Avery summers, the girl at the Gulf shores medical center?" she asks, "Yes, wait, how did you know that?" I ask as I stop sobbing and pull my hands away from my face slightly, "I'm one of her nurses" Ashley replies to me, I look over towards Joe, who smiles back and says, "Oh yeah Zoe, I forgot to tell you, Ashley works at the Gulf shores medical center where Avery's at" Joe snickers.

Then something hits me like a tone of bricks, my whole body tenses up, James looks over towards me, "What, what's wrong Zoe?" James asks, grabbing on to my arm tightly, "How can I shape shift  into a dolphin, when, I can't even swim?" I ask, "Relax Zoe, we can teach you, You'll be learning from the masters of the sea" Kyle replies, "And what if y'all can't, what then?" I ask, "Then we're going to need a bigger bathtub" Joe replies laughing and, then a moment later we all die out laughing.

Ashley then speaks up, "Zoe, Joe,  James  and, Kyle, would y'all care to join me on a short trip?" she asks, "To where?" I ask  looking at Ashley, "To go see Avery, it's been two months since Zoe's last visit and, I can only imagine that she's getting lonely without you there to see her" Ashley replies, "Do you want to go and visit her, Zoe?' Joe asks me, I nod my head, "I'll get the boat ready" Pop's says getting off the living room couch, "I'll stay here and keep an eye on Bryan and the dog" says Kyle as he gets up from his chair.

As we're about to walk out the front door, a thought comes to me, I stop turn around and look back towards Kyle, "Now Kyle, if Tyson doesn't wake up in the next hour, will you please, wake him up and let him outside to use the bathroom?" I ask, "Will do Kyle replies, "Oh thank you" I say throwing my arms around Kyle's neck in a hug and, then a moment later the four of us walk out the front door.

———————————————————————————————

30 reads, ten votes, and, two comments,  for the next chapter, I hope :) 

Sorry for the short Chapter guy's, I'll try to update every ten days if I can and, if any of you guys would like a dedication, feel free to ask and as always remember to Vote, comment, Fan, if you want more and also remember, Fallow me and, I'll fallow you back