Chapter 13 The strength of the bond Part 2

"James, what happened to Kyle?" I asked him still sitting on his bed beside him, "I'll be back in a moment" James replies as he stands up and walks out of the bunk room, he comes back with something that looks like a small silver laptop in his left hand and, a plain white dvd, or CD, in his right one, "what is that?" I ask him as he sits the silver thing on the bed, "It's a battery powered dvd player" he replies, James then opens the dvd player up, pops the white dvd inside and, presses the play button.  

 The screen is black for a second, then the film starts, what comes into the screen sends a chill down my spine and all throughout my body, it's Kyle but he looks a lot different from the boy I met on my first day here, he's in dolphin form, but, has bite wounds on his face and his side, so, something did take a bite out of him, not just one bite, but two, I thought to myself, then he has a sunburn that's so bad that it's bleeding, Kyle also has pus coming out of his nose and, there are cut pieces of fishing net around him, I can't watch this anymore I stop the film.

Looking back at James, I ask him again, "James, what happened to Kyle" this time in a hushed voice and with tears in  both my eyes, James then takes a deep breath, "Well one day in summer about a year and a half ago, Kyle and Lilly were playing out in the open sea, chasing each other, jumping out of the water, having a good time, You know being dolphins, Well Kyle stopped for a moment to talk to me through our mind link, back then I was here helping mom fix dinner, anyway that's when Lilly says she saw a large great white shark swimming towards them, they both started to swim quickly away, Kyle was able to get a good distance between him and the shark but Lilly was struggling to even keep swimming, so Kyle then turned around and, swam back towards the shark and, attacked it, the shark  stopped chasing Lilly but he got two good bites out of Kyle, the last thing he said to Lilly was, ' Swim, swim home and, don't look back' and, Lilly just swam home" James explains.

"Wow, so what happened next?"I ask him in shock, "Well for the next few days, we didn't hear anything, we were about to give up hope, then on the morning of the 5th day, I got up early to watch the sunrise dance across the rocks just off shore in the front yard, but when I walked out the front door that morning I saw a dolphin's body lying on the shore, wrapped tightly in a brown fishing net, bleeding, and with a bad sunburn and, I just knew so I told mom dad and, Pops through my mind link then since I always had my pocket knife with me, I walked over got down on my knees, took my pocket knife out of my Pj pants pocket and, I started to cut the net off, not soon after I was finished mom, Pops, Alisa, Jordan Troy and, Sawyer all came out with a stretcher, Dad was getting the pool ready, while the others got Kyle onto the stretcher, I went inside to grab my video camera, so that we could document Kyle's injuries, see that's why we have this video" James says to me.

I turn my head towards him, James then gives me a funny look, "What?" James asks as I look at him, "Do you really keep a pocket knife in your PJ pants?" I ask him curious, "Sure do" he replies as he reaches into his pocket and, pulls out a good sized pocket knife with a red handle, I hold out my left hand and James drops the knife into my hand, I stare at the knife marveling at the weapon in my hand going over every big or little detail, "What kind of knife is it, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked slowly giving it back to him, "It's a boy scout knife cam all the way from Switzerland" he replies taking it from me," how many blades does it have?" I ask, "Two, one small one and, one large one" he replies slipping the knife back into his pants pocket

"Okay, anyways, what happen to Kyle next?" I ask wondering, "Okay, well the others got him onto the stretcher, Kyle started squeaking like mad, it first we couldn't under stand what was the matter, because we'd forgotten to turn on our mind links, finally, I turned mine on, then realized what was wrong, I called Lilly and, she rushed out of the house and right to to Kyle's side, and ones she did the Kyle stopped squeaking, so with Lilly by his side, we got  Kyle over to the pool, but we didn't just put him into the pool, all six of us had to step sideways and, hold the stretcher up a few inches under the water, that was just so we could keep his sunburn, well, out of the sun, anyway, ones Ashley arrived, it was all hands on deck, the others walk Kyle out of the pool and sat the stretcher gently on the sand, we then pick Kyle up and sat him down on a clean white blanket,  that mom laid down a few moments before Ashley arrived, the first step was to make Kyle compatible, so the first thing Ashley did was cover Kyle's body with a cold, damp towle, the she hooked an I.V. with pain killers and, then we waited for him to fall asleep" James tells me.

"What all was wrong with Kyle, do you remember?" I ask him, "Well let me see, there were of course the sunburn and the wounds, but, he also had a lung infection, dehydration and, of course he was starving, so that didn't help the matter much" James chuckles a little bit, "Wow, so what did you guys do?" I ask, "Well after Kyle fell asleep, Ashley got her first glems of Kyle's wounds" James replies, "And where were you during all of this?" I ask him chuckleing, "I was holding the I.V. bag, I had brought my tripod out so that I could keep filming, anyway Ashley put a strong antibiotic inside the wounds, and stitched them up, she also gave him a antibiotic shot to help his lung infection, as well as a topical treatment for his sunburn, Lilly stayed by his side the whole time, after that we got Kyle back into the stretcher, two of us had to walk him around the pool and, when he got hungry we would pop a fish into his mouth, yes it was touch and go for a while but, over the next six months Kyle slowly started to get better and, Lilly helped a lot too, she would sleep by the pool every night, when Kyle got strest, she'd rub his flippers until he calmed down and, rubbed sunscreen on him when when the day got hot, Kyle finally recovered and was able to get back into the water" James says to me.

"Why would Kyle do that, if you don't mind me asking?" I ask trying not to sound too harsh, "It was the mate bond" A voice said, I turn my head towards the door to see who that voice belongs to and, there's Kyle standing in the doorway, looking over at us, "Zoe, is James telling you old war stories?" Kyle asks chuckling as he walks through the doorway and, over towards us, Kyle stops walking when he gets to the left side of my bed, which is right in front of me and James "I was just wondering Kyle what makes mates feel so strongly towards each other?" I ask, "May I?" Kyle asks as he starts to sit down on my bed, I nod, "Kyle, I was wondering, What is the mate bond?" I ask as I look at him, "Well,the mate bond is the thing that binds two mates as one, hints the name mate bond, you feel like he, or she is a magnet and you're drawn to them and, you can't compare it to any high, to any street drug, at least that's how I felt when I first saw Lilly, I felt like I had just jumped off of the tallest building and, I'm still falling, but you see Zoe, there's more to you and James's bond that meets the eye" Kyle says, I'm about to ask Kyle what he means by that, When suddenly we're interrupted by a loud child's scream, coming from down the hallway, all three of us me, James, and, Kyle run down the hallway to see what the problem is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote

commet

Fan

Fallow me and, I'll fallow you back