Chapter 10: All I Want For Chistmas

Another night asleep in Alex's arms had made up for all of chaos surrounding her since their arrival in Jamaica. Only yesterday, word had seeped to the media about their private getaway and the local television station had a field day. One station had reported that she was pregnant;while another had said that the couple were scouting venues for a wedding.Overnight, they had become one of the most talked about couples on the island and while it was nice to see her face in the paper, it was a tad embarrassing.

"Good morning," She felt chipper than usual, stretching luxuriously against him. She faintly heard the sounds of laughter outsdie her room and sighed knowing she would soon have to face her crazy family She however needed a few minutes of bliss before all hell broke loose.

"Merry christmas sweetheart," From out of nowhere he produced mistletoe, holding it above the both of them and smiling a very goofy smile indeed. She bit her lip softly but heat pooled in her cheeks as he kissed her softly.While it was brief it made her circuits melt and she felt a heat low in her stomach and she squeezed her legs together so she wouldn't make an ass out of herself.

She heard the door to her room being opened and tidied herself, squealing as her little man sprang into the bed between them, wearing only his underwear and a police academy hat which his uncle had given him for his birthday. "Merry christmas mommy," She coughed letting him know that he had forgotten someone important.

"Good morning Alex. Merry christmas," She smiled as Jeremy looked up at him with adoration in his little eyes. "Did you get me a present?" He asked cutely trying to con Alex out of another gift. In the days that had passed, she had to stop the two of them from going overboard with the presents. Her son knew exactly how to get what he wanted, but he knew better than to mess with his deranged mother.

Alex laughed loudly but nodded. "You mom and I will be down in a few minutes so you can open them," The little tyke sprinted from the room, whooping and hollering at the top of his lungs, excited about his presents. "You should reconsider having another child Alex. You're really good with Jeremy," She slid from the bed, reaching for her dressing gown.

"Feeling up to it love?" He asked making her gasp. While their relationship was going pretty good lately, having a baby was out of the question. "I mean well since you're one of the only women that I trust, if I wanted a child I'd only think about having one with you," She looked away from him, blushing like a lovesick teenager.

"As nice as that is, I can't have children anymore. My doctor said that my chances of having another child are extremely slim," She tied the sash around her waist blinking rapidly. "I'll see you downstairs," She had almost reached the door when she felt his arms around her.

"You've been through way too much sweetheart," He kissed her cheek opening the door for her, holding her hand as they walked downstairs. Instead of seeing a house full of people, it was as if she ran the police through it in a drug raid.

"I guess they left for church without us," She was still happy though she was missing out on the Payne tradition of going to church together on Christmas morning. "So I guess we can enjoy the silence for a little while longer," She retreated to the kitchen, finding breakfast set up for the two of them. She scowled knowing her mother had something to do with this.

When would her family stop with the matchmaking.

She smiled to herself as she poured two cups of coffee, looking out the window at beach, feeling the need for a morning swim. Even though unconventional, she always having a swim on Christmas morning. This year had been different; she had woken up in someone's arms instead of curled up beside her son. While she had no problem with it, waking up in a man's arms had a unusually comfortable feeling to it. "Sometimes I'm waiting for the other foot to drop with you,"