Chapter 13:When Shit Gets Real

(In Alex's pov for a change. Music at the side is from Hal Linton. Yay for all Caribbean music selections)

"Say it again," Alex looked down at Destiny laying boneless beneath him, her hair in every which direction looking like a small child who had just had a tussle in the hay. Her fingers were on his mouth, as if she had been trying to feel his lips as he spoke. It was a tad silly but he had learned the many sides of Destiny so it didn't faze him much.

"I love you," She smirked smirking like a cute child who had gotten away with something wicked. But her expression soon changed and she squirmed from under him pulling the sheets around herself even though he had every curve of her body memorized.

"Why do you love me?" She asked flatly resting her head on her knees which she had pulled up to her chest. He understood that this was still the scared Destiny but he was working hard to send her packing for a while.

"Because without you I can be just myself. And you're kind of like a cold I can't rid of. An adorably sexy little cold," He admitted, kissing her bare shoulder.

"Is that you trying to be romantic? I can't really tell," The first chance he got, he was going to track down Jace and make him pay for hurting her. But in this instant he couldn't stand to be without her for a moment.

"I'm kind of rusty babe,"

"I can tell. You may proceed to try again," He was sure that she was going to laugh at him at any second for him incredible fail. Even though her cheeks got puffy as she tried to hold it in, she didn't laugh even though she had gone a few notches up on the cut scale.

"Look at me then," He was nervous as hell as she looked at him seeking a followup to his previous declaration of love. "I love you because of who you are but most of all because with you everything could be going wrong but just seeing you...holding you makes everything seem right,"

She blinked quickly turning away from him pulling the sheets off the bed and going into the bathroom closing the door behind him. He listened for a few minutes before he heard the water in the bathroom, knowing she needed time to process his words.

After a minute he knocked on the bathroom door, hearing her scrambling to reach it before he did. "Hey," He smiled down as her seeing the tear streaked face which she had scrubbed trying to hide the evidence.

"Hey,"

"Been crying?" He asked already knowing the answer. "Come here often doll?" He joked as she swatted him playfully. She nodded sniffling shoving him again when he smiled.

"I don't know why I do this all the time," She tried to laugh it off but ended up bawling again covering her mouth, too emotional to smack him senseless.

He pulled her to him, letting her cry it out. His life had taken an unusual twist.

Love declarations and crying women. But no matter how much he had tried to forget these feelings in the past, they had caught up to him. He would die before he let someone hurt her as Jace had.

"I love you Dessie," Those eyes ate him up, inquisitive and needy. It was quite funny how they both needed each other but had never actually acted on the mutual attraction.

"Despite the constant blubbering?" She asked shivering in his arms as he wiped the tears from her eyes. He smirked at her nibbling her lip softly feeling her body respond to the simplest caress.

"I think the crying is kind of hot," That was the distraction he needed, scooping her up in his arms, walking back towards the bed letting her do as she wished as he held her on his lap. "Have I told you that you're kind of spoilt?" He asked as she sulked at him once more. He knew it was becoming harder and harder to deny her anything, especially since she had broken down his guard wall-the one he had around his heart.