Chapter 2: Business As Usual

The following morning it took every fibre in her body to forget what happened the previous night. She had broke the professional relations between her boss and herself. Even as she got her little tyke ready for school, her body got flustered thinking about what they had done. Last night had been a warning...as of now he would use her body as he pleased. It had been a bad move to let him know that her body had welcome his touch, had welcomed his invasion. Before both of them took iy any further, he had sent her home.

"Mommy, the bus is here," Jeremy flew through the door with her hot on his heels. The spirited boy wanted to give his poor mother a heart attack. She tied her robe around herself, running out of the house, barefoot and not wearing an ounce of makeup. She was going to scare the preschoolers on the bus.

"I love you baby," She ran behind him, giving him a hug, kissing the top of his head. Everyday, Jeremy reminded her more and more like his father. Since he had been born, his father had contacted him twice. He had shown up at the hospital when he was born for five minutes, made sure that the child looked like him and made the worst comment a new mother could possibly take, minutes after she had given birth to his son.

"He's alive...what a pity?" 

She had been too weak to punch him in the face. The second time though, she had done just that. It  was Jeremy's first birthday and he had shown up,drunk and had tried to hold her son. Jeremy screamed like there was no tomorrow. It had been the last time she had allowed Jeremy to be in contact with his father. A birthday or Christmas gift always came, but other than that, she didn't want her son to be bought. 

Just as she had seen her boy off on the bus, she saw a sports car pull up in front of her house.She recognized the car right away, with the custom rims and the fire engine red paintjob. "How did he find out where I live?" She asked herself, not giving a damn about being cute at seven thirty in the morning.

Sure enough, the rake was getting out of the car, striding up the walkway standing in front of her with that satisfied, smug look on his face. She was threatened to slap him for that little incident yesterday at the office. "Good morning Ms Parker," His voice could make the strongest woman melt. She gave him a blank stare, feeling self conscious immediately, as his eyes raked over her scantily clad body.

  "Good morning Mr Hartford. Is there a reason as to why you are at my abode so early in the morning," She turned on that professional radar. If he thought he was going to get her into bed by just saying the word, she would give him cold, frigid and bitter. Men hated that...at least the ones she had dated in the past did.

You just didn't get the name Ice Queen by being sweet...

"I have a proposal for you. May I come inside?" He asked as she was blocking his path to the door. She didn't know what to say. Her eyes were eating him up. Instead of his suit, he wore a dark denim and  a white polo shirt. On anyone else, it would look like he was going to Sugar Coated- one of the gay clubs in town, but all she could see was the planes of his muscled chest. She wondered what he would look like without the shirt.

 "Fine, just give me a few minutes to get changed," She retreated back into the house, leaving him to amuse himself on the couch, while she had a shower and made herself halfway decent. She wore a vest and her tracksuit bottoms, her usual "Mommy Wear".

She took the curling rods out of her hair, walking downstairs to find the idiot with his feet on her coffee table. Her blood boiled and she reigned herself back from killing him now, with his car parked in front of her house.

"Numero uno, take your feet off my table or you'll loose your feet. Numero dos, what is your proposal?" She saw that smile, the one that chilled her to the core. What evil schemes was he planning now?