Chapter 3: Sleeping Over...

Destiny dropped the file on Alex's desk loudly, folding her arm in front of her chest. It was later than usual; 2am to be exact and he had been punishing her for flirting with one of the mailroom guys when he had brought the mail, earlier in the day. If she didn't get home and fast, she would have a problem getting Jeremy from his aunt's house and get a few hours sleep before she had to be "Captain Mommy", to get into the morning routine.

"Why were you flirting with the mail room guy?" He asked grabbing her wrist a little too roughly for comfort. The mail room guy was hot, and they were quite friendly even though he wasn't her type. They had more of a brother/sister relationship than a intimate one.

"He is my friend...that is all,"

"And what am I to you?" His voice was rough reminding her who was in control here. His lips brushed over hers in an instant and his large hands encased her body, tight against his. "Tell me that you don't want this...tell me now," She was mute, looking up at him with eyes full of desire.

"Take your skirt off,"

"She stood motionless in front of him, biting her lip. "No," She said, standing her ground. He couldn't order her around despite their agreement. She wasn't having it.

"Destiny,"

It had been the first time that he had called her anything but Ms Parker. She looked at him to see if he was gloating, but she saw something in his eyes that she had never seen before. He sat back down in that giant executive chair, watching her. "Come to me then," He instructed without sounding too stern. She obeyed this time, closing the space between them, not knowing what was going on in that evil head of his.

"In the last few day, I've thought about this arrangement. Am I doing the right thing here?" She tried not to blush as his thumb grazed her cheek. This all felt so...unreal. He was supposed to be the monster; he was supposed to make her hate him. Was he intentionally doing this to make this harder on her?

"We both know what this is...its a business relationship,"

He smiled but it wasn't the evil ones that he had been known for. It reached his eyes and he almost looked human. "If I ask you to do something, would you do it?" He asked gently, the tone of his voice suprising her.

"Kiss me," Men usually never asked to be kissed but this one did. He was confusing the hell out of her, a little bit more than usual.

And that she did, it wasn't indended to be a long kiss, neither had it been intended to have the effect that it did. Instead of the hot passionate kisses that he had given her, the kiss was gentle and had not been one of dominance. Everyone knew he was the king around her but kissing wasn't all about winning. "Is that how you would like to be kissed in the future?" He asked after catching his breath. She simply nodded.

"I have to get you home," He simply said, knowing if they didn't both get out of there, that something would happen. She was different and not just I say I'm different with an agenda but she was the real deal.

"Its too late to pick up my son now," She huffed, breaking the spell. He knew she was struggling to keep her head above water, especially since she was convincing everyone that she was doing well, taking care of her son without a man in her life. Unknown to her, since she had agreed to be his mistress, he had watched her morning routine to get an idea of how she functioned. He saw her waiting for the bus with her son every morning,saw the way the child adored his mother. After all, she had been mommy and daddy for almost five years and that was all the child knew.

Every child deserved to have both parents present. A mother could only teach a boy so much..there were things that a growing boy needed his father for. But his background check on the child's father had proved that the man not only refused to pay child support but also denied that the child was in fact his. Men like him, did not deserve to be on this planet. They knew of sex and making love but nothing about owning up to responsibilities.

"I apologize for that. I promise not to keep so so long again," This was his second apology in a short space of time. Apologies were something he never gave out without just cause but he had broken one of his promises to her-already.

"Your car still in the shop?" He asked as they walked through the empty building. She nodded pulling her jacket close to her body. It was two weeks away from Christmas and the temperature had taken an unusual spike. Before she could protest, he took off his jacket, smiling when she pulled is around herself, keeping her warm.

"I guess I'm your ride for the evening then," He tried to keep his cool when she leant against his car, taking off her glasses and letting down her hair. To say that she looked different would be an understatement. Her usual prim and proper getup was replaced but the wild woman inside her. Something about the way she looked made him want to ravish her-even if they were still in the damn parking lot.

"I thought you could've see without your glasses,"

"I thought you knew everything about me,"

He laughed, trapping her between himself and the car. "I only know what you want me to know. The rest you have to tell me," Those curious eyes met his,lingering. She pursed her full lips, knowing what she wanted.

He kissed her as she had kissed him earlier, gently taking his time, tasting the strawberries that she had for a late night snack. Everything about her was intoxicating...everything about her was pulling him in.

They drove to her house without another word between them. She remained silent when the car pulled to a stop in front of her house. 

Still nothing....

"We're here," He head what he believed to be a little snore and smirked. He got out of the car, opening the passenger door and scooping her up in his arms. She was much lighter than he had assumed, and he used his foot to close the door behind him, setting the security feature.

"I'm so tired," She groaned with her eyes still closed. She was talking in her sleep but there was truth in her words. She was simply  doing too much and he felt an unusual pang of guilt. She had enough on her plate without trying to factor in his demands.

He found her bedroom,placing her on the bed gently, careful not to wake her up but losing his balance and falling onto the bed with her. Her body covered his, trapping him underneath her weight.

She felt good... Too good.

He wrapped his arms around her, knowing he wasn't going anywhere tonight.