Chapter 30.

"Wow, so you went from this beauty to the Upper East Side?" Jillian mocks as we walk up the old stairwell and chipped painted walls.

"Shocker right? My life is like a fucking fairytale. Alright stay here I'll go in a talk to her for a few minutes" we reach the apartment door as I proceed to press my key into the knob Jillian quickly slaps my hand away.

"What the hell"

"I'm not letting you go in there alone. Bad enough I let you out of the house during lockdown"

"Seriously Jill what do you think she's going to do? Tie me up and hold me for ransom?" Jillian rolls her eyes and proceeds to open the door slowly.

"Hey, Ariana I'm here-" As I look around the living room area I notice Ariana is nowhere in sight. The place also seems to be oddly quiet, no radio playing, the apartment looks as if no one has been there in a few days.

"Nicole I don't like this, it too quiet." Jillian grabs my arm pulling me to her side.

"Relax maybe she's just in the bedroom or something"

As we walk to the bedroom Jillian starts canvassing the place. She checks the windows which are all locked, the kitchen and bathroom are also empty. I open the bedroom door and my heart stops beating, Ariana is sitting tied to a chair bloody and bruised.

"Ariana oh my god what happened!" I try to rush to her side but Jill refuses to let go of me.

"We need to leave"

"But I can't leave her like that Jill!"

"We'll call the men from outside we need to-" Jills grasp on me loosen as her body becomes numb and she drops to the floor. An unknown assailant holding a syringe in his hand.

"What the fuck did you do to her!" I jump at the man clawing at any part of his body that I can.

"Relax sweetheart she alive just sleeping" my body freezes at the sound of Misha's voice. He's the last person I would expect to me in my old apartment. The unknown man holds me against his chest and forces me to turn around.

"Fucking Misha. This was your big plan all along?!?"

Misha smiles as he walks over Jillian's sleeping body and caresses my cheek.

"I told you I would see you again beautiful. Hello Nicole, have you asked my brother about what I told you?" He smiles as he tilts my head up and hovers over my lips.

"Misha let me go."

"Oh don't worry I will never hurt you, Nicole. You are too precious to me"

"Yeah well tell this wannabe terminator to let go of me"

Misha smiles before raising his hand signaling the man to let go of me.

"Now we have a lot to talk-" my anger takes over and I punch Misha right in his nose causing him to stumble backward slightly.

His goon grabs me again this time into a chokehold, as I struggle he presses more. I use my elbow to knick him right in his stomach causing him to let go, as I try to reach down for Jillian's gun Misha kicks it away from me.

"You see and I was being so nice to you, I guess we'll have to do this the hard way now"

Before I can react a syringe is pushed into my neck, the next thing I see is nothing but darkness.

"Night night sweetheart."

•••••••
2 hours later