One • Welcome to the WWE Academy

Present Day - August 2, 2018
{New York City, New York}

•°•°•°•

Bayley

I've been living here in New York City for roughly ten days now. If I compared it to San Jose, I can for sure confirm that New York folks are colder, meaner.

In six days the fall semester of the WWE Academy begins and I am more nervous than I've ever been in my life.

Since campus opens today for the continuing and new students, I'm planning to get started.

I ordered a Lyft as I waited at a parking lot of a pizza place. For crying out loud, New York has a shit ton of pizza places. I waited patiently as I glanced at my cell phone.

I had two missed messages from my mother and also a missed call from her as well. I smiled softly. I knew my mother was probably a bit worried since I haven't really contacted her today, but I'll make it up right now.

The phone dialed for roughly one or two seconds until my mother answered.

"Hi Mom." I greeted.

"Hello Bay Bay, have you made it inside your dorm yet?"

"No." I answered.

"Oh okay. Well, I was just calling to check on you. How's New York so far? Is it big?" My mother said as I giggled softly. I looked up at a big skyscraper and said, "Oh, It is more than big. This city is bigger than I could ever imagine. I have not really explored the main part of it, but there's definitely alot of mini towns."

"Oh, that's good!" My mother giggled. I giggled too. "Well I'm going to call you in a bit. I need to keep an eye out for my Lyft. I will call you as soon as I get into the dorms and finish unpacking all my things." I said. "Alrighty, I love you sweetie!" She spoke, as she hung up the phone.

I smiled and placed my phone in my pocket.

Around twenty seconds later, a red Honda pulled up to the curb I was waiting at. I looked to see the "Lyft" logo, so I entered the car.

"Hello young lady, where are ya heading to?" The driver asked. I smiled softly at the woman who was driving and said, "The WWE Academy ma'am."

"That's a huge accomplishment young lady! You should be proud of yourself. Haven't seen anybody be drafted in that school in about a good year." The lady said as she giggled. I giggled as well.

"I've worked hard to get to where I'm at." I added. "Well obviously. I know those principles didn't pick you for just nothing." She said in a serious tone. "Yeah."

She nodded and began to drive me to my destination. As we rode through the city, my eyes lit up in how beautiful the view was. "The view is incredible."

"Yeah, it is. But the traffic isn't as fun. I sometimes get stuck in two hour traffic jams." She said in an exhausted voice.

"Oh I bet."

The drive continued for roughly thirty minutes until I realized we were at the curb of the entrance for the school.

"Holy shit..."

I looked out of the window, as I took a long and deep breath.

The view of the school absolutely amazed me... Hell, I haven't even stepped foot inside. If the outside is this fabulous, how beautiful is the view on the inside?

... Well I'm about to find out.

I exited the Honda and grabbed all my bags, which consisted of a luggage, a duffle bag, a backpack and one purse.