Chapter Twenty-One

"But it doesn't make much sense nor does it clear my doubt about anything," I argued back as she simply stared at me.

"Let's have this conversation another time shall we?" she snapped before abruptly standing up and sulked to the mouth of the cave.

She didn't seem like someone bad or evil nor did she seem like she was genuine about things. Sooner or later I'll figure out exactly what my past is about but for now, I guess I should give her some space.

-----

"I'm going to find Adrian," I announced as I walked downstairs into the kitchen of the house.

Everybody that was here earlier, with the exception of Adrian, was either talking to each other or stuffing their faces with food (they had not eaten for quite some time). Silence overcame the kitchen the moment I spoke, making me receive fearful and concerned looks from everyone. Everyone except for Mike who simply glared at me in response.

"What do you mean you're going to-," he began but I abruptly cut him off.

"I meant what I said," I hissed at him. "It was my fault that he got into this and now it's my responsibility to get him back."

"But he's too strong," Carter said, a quivering tone echoing within his voice.

"I honestly do not care how strong he is or how corrupted he may be," I snapped. "He must not know about his past or else we'll all be doomed."

"What do you mean by his past?" Mike questioned me with much more authority in his voice. "Are you saying what you had told me was not the real story?"

"Mike, there are some things you should never interfere with," I warned him, feeling my hand heat up as my anger refused to subside.

Why was I getting into a fit of rage? I wasn't sure, but I knew that for one thing that what out past had held for us was the culprit for all that has happened. It was only a matter of time before the truth finally caught up to our lives.

The truth, it's something hard to speak of when it has been polluted by the evils of the past. Adrian and I aren't what they think we are, Adrian doesn't really know where his true powers came from. I had made an important promise to my guardians that I'd prevent any future mishaps from happening but apparently the past tends to repeat itself.

That sob story we keep living? That was only when we were under the protection of our parents or should I say guardians. The real story behind everything was what I had been made to promise to never real, that is, until the time came.

I need to find Adrian before he finds out about it from the wrong people. I never trusted their clan which is why I tried to hide him from them but that unfortunate moment of myself meeting Adrian ruined our chances since I had never settled my grudge against him. He was always the one favoured by the higher ups, the Dark Lords simply praised him to the fullest, I was left behind to be ignored by my twin.

What is equality might I ask? For I had seen none of it when I was with him.

So when we were transferred to be under the protection of our parents, I decided for him to get a taste of his own medicine. You can call me cruel for what I had done but no one would ever understand what I had to endure when I had to grow up with him.

Although I have grown closer to him throughout the time we were together, this still doesn't change the fact that I can't let him know of what happened.

He's all I have now, I can't lose him to this fight.

-----

"That fucking piece of shit," I swore at the table the moment he walked out of the room.

Honestly, I'm not even bothered if Carter is standing right beside me, looking horrified at me being so damn mad and that I swore right in front of him even though I'm against such things.

Regardless of what relation Ian has with Adrian, brother or not, I am not letting this bipolar, indecisive idiot try and rescue Adrian. I've been with Adrian ever since his family abandonned him and after all the crap that he had to put up with Ian, now Ian tells me that the story behind all of this is something else?

If anyone's going to save Adrian from all of that evil, it's going to be me.

"Mike?" Carter stuttered as he reached out for me with his slightly injured hand.

"We're saving Adrian, not that idiot who claims is his brother," I snapped.

"Mike, are you okay?" Carter asked a little louder this time.

"I am fine," I gritted my teeth as I saw Ian come back down to the kitchen.

-----

I already knew what Mike was planning to do but I'm not planning on risking anything with this pathetic excuse for a mortal. In my mind I was already casting non-verbal spells to seal off this house as a safe haven for whatever may happen and also to keep these two in here.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't try and rip off your head right now," I heard Mike growl as I was reaching into my pocket for a potion that I had.

"I'd vaporise you within seconds, or even better, I'll torture and mutilate your body until it is thoroughly unrecognisable and let your little brother watch," I replied with a smile.

I knew I shouldn't be threatening him with such violance but I needed him to stay here and think about his and his own brother's safety. Carter shouldn't lose his brother, at least, not like how I almost lost mine.

"Why you fucking-," he was beginning to yell and lunge at me but I was too quick for him.

Sending a spell that pinned him against the wall behind him (while sending objects flying about and breaking), I held him there for several moments. As he struggled to escape, my grip grew tighter, forcing him to remain still and restricting his air supply. Once he stopped thrashing about and looked almost ready to faint, I dropped him. Carter rushed to his side to tend to his brother, tears brimming his eyes as he carefully helped his brother up.

At that moment I felt sorry for him. He did take care of Adrian when I was gone trying to solve the problems that we've faced in the past, it must really mean a lot to him to help rescue Adrian. But then again I can't risk him losing his life over this.

After a few moments of debating in my mind, I finally came to a decision.

"Mike, how'd you like to come with me and help rescue Adrian?" I offered calmly, trying to create a silent truce between us.

He looked at me with a questioning glare.

"How would I know if you wouldn't betray me and kill me off or something stupid like that?" he demanded in a hoarse voice.

Silence fell in between us for several seconds before I took in a deep breath and let it out.

"Because I'm not the asshole you think I am," I answered with a slight smile.

"Ian," he spoke in a warning tone, "no swearing in front of Carter."

"He's back to normal," I heard Carter squeak from behind him.

I had forgotten that he was there for a moment and jumped a little at him speaking out of the blue. We had a little laugh over what happened but soon grew silent once more.

"So, truce?" Mike asked, holding out a hand towards me.

"Truce," I complied and shook his. "Also, no offense for what had went down earlier?"

"We all get a little mad sometimes," he replied with a crooked smile, "crazy and angry, but what does that matter?"

After that, I agreed to wait until the both of them got ready so that we could make our way quick towards the mountains in which I knew where Adrian was hiding.

It was time to clear up all confusion and to end all of this now.

A/N: I don't even know anymore. I complicate the story since I never had a proper plan for it. Yeah...