Chapter Five

A/N: So here's another installment of Brotherly Love by your's truly, LostinSorrows :3 Hope you enjoy!

Adrian had a smile on his face, I can tell. His mask is higher than usual and there's that little twinkle in his eyes that just made him look adorable. I took a bite from from one of the custard pies and waited for Adrian to tell me his 'oh so brilliant idea!'. "So? What's your plan this time?" I ask him while leaning back into my seat. He shifted eagerly on his seat, took a sip from his glass, and started to speak.

"Okay, so you know everything about my family and childhood don't you?" he asked.
"Well, sure! Of course I do," I replied.
"So how about this, you know how I've always wanted to mend the broken bond between me and my family, especially my brother."
"Yeah? What about i- Oh..."
"Can you please help me do that?"
"Well, what am I here for then?" I asked playfully and punched him softly in the face from across the small table top.
"Haha! Well, you are my best friend after all and I can't even think about anything else greater than that."

This made me smile, he always knew what to say just to make me feel better, even when things get rough.

"Okay, you got me. So, what's the game plan?" I asked, taking another sip from my glass.

He then begun to tell me about what he had in mind. I listened intently to what ever details he had specified. By the time he had finished explaining things, all the snacks that I had brought had already finished.

"Well?" he asked nervously. I could see a bit of fear in his eyes.
"I'll do it. For you," I replied calmly.

He sighed a sigh of relief as he leaned back into his chair and took a long drink from his glass. "Hey Adrian, how about we get some sleep now huh? It's getting kind of late," I say as I took a look at my watch. It was already 9 o'clock and the doctor did say that he needed to get plenty of rest before attempting to do any work. I can manage the bakery by myself for a few days but I have to work a bit harder this time. "Carry me, please?" he said while stretching his arms out at me in a hug-like fashion with the expectation of me carrying him to bed. "Haha, silly Adrian," I say while getting up from my seat. I then walk over to him and carefully lift him up in a bridal fashion and carry him to our bedroom and place him on the bed. I then leave to go clear up the table we were at while he went to get ready for bed.

While washing the dishes, I look out of the window to see people closing their stores for the day, the pub and bars lighting up and other people walking back home. I saw a cute couple walking down the street, a young girl and boy together. The girl wore a dress which had a puffy, white top and a auburn-brown skirt which was pleated at the ends and the boy wore a brown coat over a white button up shirt and long dark brown pants. They honestly looked perfect for each other. I saw the boy whisper something into the girl's ear and it made her giggle while blush enveloped her cheeks. He then bent down and gave her a kiss on her cheek and pull out a red rose out of his coat and handed it to her. It was like one of those romantic scenarios we'd all have when in love. I sighed and started to think about Adrian and whether he would ever find some one to love like the that couple did.

Soon, I had finished drying all the dishes and locked the door of the store and headed over to our bedroom. I step through the door and saw him snuggled up in the snow white sheets with only his head sticking out on top of the pillow. He had taken off his mask before he slept and I finally saw his beautiful face once more. He looked just like how Ian, his brother, does but with a few exceptions. Underneath those eyelids of him were a pair of eyes which were a mix of hazel-brown, blue, gold and green. It was a mix and mash of the colours that could make one mesmerised about him. But his eyes were sort of split giving him a very weird look but I honestly couldn't care less about that.

I slipped out of my work clothes and wore something more comfortable before heading over to bed to sleep. Trying my very best, I quietly went over to our bed as to not wake or startle Adrian. He's had a rough week and he deserves all the rest he can get. I slipped into bed softly so that I do not disturb him and twist and turn a bit until I finally found a comfortable position to fall asleep in. My eyes were just about to close when he had turned around to find my back and snuggle into me. I was too sleepy and tired to push him away so after he had settled, I finally fell into a deep slumber. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day,,,