Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Man, do I know how to complicate stuff or what? XD Also, the updates will come really slow so I'm sorry for that...

"What do you mean you're my father?" he asked me, his face scrunched up in a scornful look.

"I wouldn't say that I am your biological father but descendant wise, I am your father," I replied, smiling a little as the confusion remained strong on his face.

"Could you please not play riddles with me now Rayne," he hissed as his hands formed fists beside him to signify his annoyance.

"Now, now, Adrian. There is no need for such hostility when speaking to your father," I pursued, gaining pleasure out of his enragement.

He didn't respond. Instead, I felt myself being kicked in the gut as something flashed by me. By having the wind knocked out of me and falling on the hard ground flat on my back, my vision blurred and my head felt extremely light.

"Keep joking around and I won't feel sorry next time," I heard him whisper in my ear as I felt the weight that fell on my chest being removed.

It took me a moment to regain my mind, I got to my feet and as I stood up, I dusted off all the dirt that was stuck on my clothes.

Why is he fighting me? This is not what they had told me. He should pay me respect!

Cracking my knuckles, I bared my teeth in a sign of madness which thoroughly confused him and with what ever power I could summon, trap him with two bonds of energy so that he was unable to move or escape. He struggled, he fought, he screamed, but no matter what he did, he could not break free of such bonds. Being one of the most powerful beings, this was not hard to accomplish. I found it very amusing to watch him struggle against the iron grip of the bonds that encircled him.

"What's the matter pretty boy?" I ask him sarcastically as I held him still with my power, "Is this too much to handle? Or are you just that weak?"

"Let me go you son-of-a-bitch!" he screams yet again as he tries to break free.

"You know, we could've done this the easy way but, I guess you didn't feel like you were up to the challenge."

I looked up at the sky noticing that time had suddenly sped up into the evening as shades of pink, purple and blue coloured the sky like a picture.

"Very well then," I chuckle as I laid my eyes on him once more, "Let the battle play on."

-----

Screaming. Crying. Shouting.

That was all I heard as I shivered in my sleeping area.

The village had burnt down and my parents had given me the spare space in the makeshift shelter which they had crafted quickly as to accommodate the available area before any of the others did.

I felt scared. Hopeless. Despair.

Our village was close to gone.

There's nothing to save.

-----

"But," Mike says as his face turned from serious to saddened. "But why has he not told me any of this?"

"Probably because he felt like his past should be locked away without any space to breathe, hoping that it could just suffocate and leave him for good," I explained in a comforting voice.

"Obviously he was wrong," he said emphatically.

"Mike please, don't work yourself up over this simple matter," I try to comfort.