Chapter Twenty

A/N: I was just looking for a reason to post a redesign of Adrian that I did on the side there which led me to write this chapter... So uh, all four pics are a WIP so please be patient...

"Who are you?" I questioned her.

I still had not gotten over the shock of her kissing me. She was a complete stranger to my very own knowledge yet she acted as if I had known her all my life. Maybe she did. I wouldn't know.

"You don't know me?" she asked, a slightly shocked tone quavering in her voice.

"Do I look like I know what I'm doing right now?" I retorted.

You couldn't blame me for being sarcastic at this moment.

"Well, this would be good then," she said as a smirked played on her lips.

That did not seem like a good sign to me. She (and most probably the others too) must know more about my past than I do so I could be led either down the good path, or disastrous one.

Unchaining me from the bonds that held me, I finally felt my arms and legs come free from the tight, almost skin piercing, hold and stretched due to my body still having the strained feel on it.

"This will be your new home for now until we can relocate to the mountains that are currently infested with all sorts of phony saints and lies," the lady spoke as she walked towards the mouth of the cave. "Time is of the essence right now as we try to move forward in our plans but unfortunately the corruption has been slow in its process."

"What do you mean by corruption? I mean, isn't it a good thing that there are lies floating about in the mountains then?" I asked her, obviously confused.

"Oh Ryszard, you have obviously a lot to learn once more before taking the head of this entire realm," she sighed, turning around to face me once more.

"Ryszard? What type of an idiotic name is that?" I retorted, not following whatever was happening right now.

"It was what your father named you before you were lost in the fire," she explained. "We had spent years looking for you and now I have finally found you."

"The fire? What?" I stuttered, completely flabbergasted at everything that was happening.

"Let me tell you the whole story. Come here and sit by me," she urged as a bench appeared out of nowhere in particular.

Once I took my seat, she crossed her legs one over the other and adjusted her skirt before starting.

"We found you left in a village..." she began.

- Flashback start -

"What is that, Farrow?"

"I don't know, but he looks like one of us."

"Why does he have black markings on him?"

"Why is he so small?"

"Why is he-"

A sudden thunderclap sounded, echoing around the area causing villagers to scurry back into their houses to prepare for what was about to come. They presumed that a storm was about to start but they were sorely mistaken as it was only one of the guardians of the mountains coming down to see the children that had found the unconscious child.

"What is this?" the guardian asked the child named Farrow who stood right beside the unconscious one.

"I don't know," she replied bluntly, not fond of this particular guardian. "I just flew down here and found him outside of the village."