Chapter Fifteen

A/N: If only you guys here on Wattpad knew what I did on my DeviantArt XD

As I fell through the door, the last thing that I heard were shouting and screaming coming from behind. Before I could get back onto my feet and run back through the portal, the door had shut, leaving me helpless as i frantically await the arrival of my brother. I knew he was going to do something as stupid like this. Why didn't I stop him? What made me listen to what he said?

As the seconds ticked by, I paced the floor restlessly, worried and disturbed about what is happening to Adrian. After all the time we've spent together, I don't want to lose him again. Not like this. Frustrated at the fact that I can't help him in anyway, I fell to my knees and banged the ground below me hard with both of my fists.

Suddenly, the ground below me being to move. The porcelain white floor now had black cracks forming in between and begin to part. Frightened as to what may happen, I scurried back into the corner of the room where I stayed watching the room morph into something I've never seen before. As the walls and floor of the room turned black, the white flakes and pieces begin to collect in the center of the room where they laid in white giant pile of white mass.

Curiousity sparked in my mind as I slowly crawled towards it, cautious of where I stepped as to avoid any further mistakes on my behalf. As soon as I reached it, the pile begin to glow brightly, illuminating the dark walls. The flakes then broke down into a fine dust and started to float upwards in a circular motion. I took a step back and watched as the dust begin to form a figure. At first, the figure was of an unknown being  but then it slowly started to take shape of a humanly figure.

It had no face making it seem a lot like a blank canvas. Floating down onto the floor once more, it begin to walk towards me as soon as its feet touched the floor. Instinctively,  I had backed away  utility after a few steps, I felt a strange sense of trust within the being. So I stopped moving and stood in spot.

Walking up to me with such grace and swiftness, the being approached me and stopped just a foot away from me. For a moment, I was entranced by the mysterious being and was lost in thought before it had snapped me out of my trail of thought.

"Do you wish to see your brother again?" it spoke in a light but empowering voice.

"Yes," I answered without a moments hesitation.

I noticed that even though there was no indication whatsoever that the being had spoken, I knew that there was no other possible source of the sound.

"What would you do to save him?"

"Anything! Just please let me get to him!" I shouted, exasperated.

"Are you absolutely sure of your choice of words?"

At first I was confused by it's words and nodded, a little unsure at first. With a gentle wave, it signalled me that it had understood my saying and begin to float back to the centre once more. Just as the earlier fragments had combined,  it had begin to fall apart and disintegrate into a fine dust.

I had taken a moment to try and process what had just happened but just as soon as the being had disappeared did a loud, almost gunshot like, sound filled the room. I ducked and fell flat onto the floor, my hands over my head as extra protection.  Laying there, I dared not lift my head up to investigate what that sound was but instead waited for some sort of sign that everything is okay. A few minutes later, a familiar voice called out my name.

"Ian..."

I recognised the voice immediately and before I knew it, I was up on my feet, just a few steps closer to him. Collapsing onto my own knees, I knelt by his side, embracing his bruised and weak body in the warmth and protection of my own. For the first time ever, I refused to let go. Refused to even loosen my grip on some one.

"Please don't do anything that stupid again," I whispered.

"No guarantees my dear brother," he responded with a light chuckle in his voice.

As soon as his voice was silenced, I noticed that the lighting in the room gradually grew brighter and brighter. The light was almost blinding in fact. Shielding our eyes from being hurt anymore,  we waited till it subsided before lowering our hands once more.

"You have done well, both of you Brightblades'"

We knew what this meant.

This had been the moment that we had been waiting for for so long.

"It seems that you have finally defeated the everlasting conflict that had been battling endlessly within your subconscious and conscious minds. Though you may not have completed your entire 'training' as I would call it, but you have learnt enough for you to now leave this dimension.

"Remember that for every mistake you commit, the consequences aimed at you not only affect yourselves but the ones you love too."

With a final booming of the voice, I found the both of us laying in a barren white room. Up ahead was a plain wooden door.

Our exit

I helped Adrian onto his feet and together we made our way to the door. Standing right before it, I hesitated for moment as I let my hand grasp onto the handle firmly. The cold metal quickly becoming hot as the heat from my body escaped and transferred onto the metal. I looked at Adrian once more before finally turning the doorknob and with an assuring nod from him, I swung open the door and fell right into the black abyss that was ahead of us.

'Remember your promise...'

A/N: I had wanted to make this longer but my brain wouldn't cooperate which resulted in me writing this... I hope this is acceptable...

Thanks for reading!

~ Sorrows