Chapter Ten

I felt something warm against me as I woke up to darkness. There is never an exact time set for the Phrayli realm so it could be day time for all we know. In a very slight whisper, I casted a spell to light up the room were in and a few wisps of light appeared. Slowly, they floated around the room, lighting everything up with their touch. While that was being done, I turned beside me to see Adrian curled up in a ball, sleeping soundly.

I didn't have the heart to wake him up so I slowly slipped off the couch and stretched my arms and legs a bit before heading towards the wall once more. Just then, I noticed a small note sticking out of Adrian's pocket. Curious, I carefully pulled it out to see what it was about.

It was a poem.

I read through it several times, trying to make sense of it but it seemed nonsensical until...

Until I realised that it was talking about the both of us.

'One loves, the other detests,

One agrees, the other protests,'

I guess that I'm the one who's full of hate. Growing up in my town was a pain in the neck with everyone treating us differently. When the both of us were born, my parents thought we would be able to live a somewhat normal life. That is until Adrian was a year old...

At that age, we were discovering that we had supernatural powers and abilities and our parents began to slowly explain to us about our history and who our ancestors were. It seems that we were from a line of well respected Wizards, the Dysteria Forlise line of Wizards. Despite us being well respected in our kind, mortals despised us for the most ridiculous reasoning, especially with the false information that has been planted into their damned history books.

The people of the village always thought of us to be an odd family in their village but their fears were confirmed when something tragic happened at our school. Both Adrian and I were playing in the playground during our break and were building a sand fort. We were almost done building it when a group of boys came over to us and shoved the both of us over the fort and destroyed it. Even though we were young, these kids were vicious and violent and were beating up Adrian; kicking and punching him until he was bleeding and bruised all over.

I couldn't do anything to stop them because everytime I tried, I would get shoved back and punched in the gut. All the other kids just stood there watching us, none of them even made a move to call the teachers, whom were supposed to be on the watch. I guess that Adrian couldn't take it anymore because I heard a blood-curdling scream from him and saw his eyes turn pure white and began glowing. He then started to float upwards with his hands extended by his side, giving him a possesed look. Red and black marks would form on his skin as he looked around at us.

Everyone screamed in horror as he began to hurt the bullies. The teachers came out in time to stop him from killing them but that was the day when my house was mobbed by the entire village. Because my dad had saved the Mayor's life on multiple occassions, he had managed to disperse the mob and the next day he made an announcement stating that we should not be treated any different from the others. But in the end, it didn't even matter. We were pretty much shunned from the village.

Things were even tougher for Adrian since he was the main victim from the start. Since he was the one who had unleashed his power and secret to the village, it was only reasonable to keep away from him but then again, he is my brother. I've tried to make it easier for him, to make it better but it seemed almost impossible to do so.

Then came the day when we were at home, he was once again locked away in his room, crying and banging his fists against the wall. I, for one, had grew extremely distressed with his condition and wanted my old brother back. After hearing him break the chair in his room once more, I ran upstairs and rapped on the door, shouting at him to open it. At first, it didn't open but a few minutes later, I heard it unlock and I cautiously walked in.

I don't remember our conversation that day that well but I did remember him getting enraged over how the village has been treating our family, especially him. Then, without warning, his eyes begin glowing once more and I fell back into the debris in his room, struggling to get up. I'm not sure what had happened before anything but I can clearly remember him trying to kill me and the rest of the town. My parents had managed to sedated him before he could commit anymore destruction.

At that point it was obvious that we could no longer stay there and quickly fled the village with our belongings before the mob of angry villagers could attack. We were quite far away before my parents had begun discussing what we were going to do now. Being a young kid, I wasn't sure what they were talking about and wasn't really bothered. I was just looking over Adrian when my dad came over to me and lifted Adrian up.

He explained that he would be leaving Adrian in a distant village where he would be of no harm to any of us, even the people there. I didn't remember what else was said because all I remembered was that I broke down crying.

After my parents took him away and we settled in our new home, I still was one of the smartest and most athletic kid in the village but I was also facing depression. I grew up, with anger and hate within me but also with sadness. In the end, I pushed away most of my feelings and focused on training myself and my powers. The years passed by till I had encountered this quest.

I left my parents back in the village to begin my quest, which led me to meeting Adrian. Our feelings are one of the most complicated things we could ever deal with, let alone understand or figure them out.

This is why our relationship had broken. That we never ever considered to search for each other.

It's time that we finally mend our bond.

It's time for the brothers to reunite.

A/N: This chapter is pretty lengthy if you ask me. Not in the sense of words but in the sense of information and story behind the both of them. The next chapter will be the continuation of their search for escape.

Thanks for reading!

~ Sorrows