Chapter Nine

A/N: So, a little while back I had started a small ship-fic between Jordan (AKA: Me [She's my OC and I use her as a cover up X3]) And was wondering whether you'd be interested in reading it... Leave a comment maybe?

I woke up to find myself outside of the room (More like ‘World’) that both I and Ian were in. The door to that area was shut tight and I could not open it at all, let alone pry it open. Flames and sparks came flying out of the second door as I tried to move away from it but my attempts to flee were in vain as I was dragged in by an unknown force. Just like the room before me, I could not feel the heat of this new world but I did not focus on that. Instead, I begin to look around, trying to find out what it is that I had to do in order to escape.

The forest around me was aflame and was burning down to ground. The flames dancing around in the trees and grass, slowly killing them and burning them to a crisp; sparks flying around the place as if a firework display had been set off by accident; the heat wave giving a sizzling look making it hard to determine where to go.

I tried to run out of the forest but no matter where I ran, there seemed to be no escape at all. The smoke around me clouded my vision and was preventing me from breathing properly. Finally, I was forced to fall down onto the burning ground, where the fire had left the remains of what used to be a magnificent forest; now a layer of ashes and embers with burning leaves falling like snow.

Laying there, I stared up into the burning skies. A mixture of blood red and dark grey filled the sky, giving the impression that the blood of the innocent were burning in the skies. Thoughts of my past begin to flood back into my mind, filling me with sadness and despair. Not long after did anger and rage enter my mind as I thought about those who’ve made my life hell.

My fingers dug into the ground below me, creating small holes in the earth. I need something to take my anger out on, I can’t hold it in any longer.

Getting up, I stormed back into the forest, feeling the ground tremble below me. I saw that lava begin flowing in my direction as a new volcano erupted from out of nowhere but that didn’t stop me in my tracks.

The light around me begin to fade, even with all the fire and lava around, it kept getting darker and darker. Slowly, I begin to lose focus and consciousness as I walked through the forest. Then, after a few moments…

I blacked out.

The heat around me became more apparent as I awoke from my unconscious state. My skin felt burnt and the flesh wounds I had on me stung and bled profusely. Despite the fact that I had a substantial loss of blood, I was still able to get up fine and walk around, that’s when I saw it. My body laying injured on the ground while the ashes formed a blanket on it.

I took another step closer to it, examining it closely but when it opened its eyes, I saw that it wasn’t me at all but it was none other than Ian. A startled look came upon his face for a moment before subsiding into an expression full of hostility. He hastily got up, dusting all of the dust off of him and looked up into the sky. I did not look up but when he did, he gave out an inhuman yell that didn’t seem possible to be made by himself.

“Why did you have to make everything so tough for me Adrian?!” he shouted as flames started to form in his eyes, making them glow.

I stood there confused for a moment, wondering what he was talking about.

“Ever since you were born! You’ve made my life hell!”

“What do you mean, Ian?” I asked him.

“Everyone around us treated us differently thinking that you had some sort of infectious disease that could spread and affect us all!”

I remembered our childhood; when people would refuse to do anything for us or have anything to do with us because when they had seen my condition, they pushed us away, acting as if we were sick animals in need of help.

It always made me sick.

“All my life I’ve always wanted to grow up normally but it proved to be impossible with you around,” he spoke in a very dangerous voice.

He fell to his knees, forehead touching the ground and his hands, curled up into fists, laid beside his head. I cautiously walked over to him and knelt beside him, my hand on his back.

“Ian, its okay…”

“I was so glad that you were gone. Off the face of the earth….”

I was stunned at his words.

“W-what?” I stuttered.

“That’s all I’ve ever wanted, and that’s all I’ll ever want…”

This can’t be real. This can’t be true. I can’t be dead nor could Ian hate me this much.

Could he?

My head starts to hurt and I my vision starts to blur out once more.

It can’t be true. It mustn’t be true. This is not real. This is just another stupid test. Adrian, wake up. Adrian, wake up… ADRIAN! WAKE UP!!

My eyes opened once more to realised that I’m being shook awake by Ian.

“Wait, where am I?”

“You’re back here in the room,” he told me softly.

I don’t understand why I did it, but I broke down crying in his arms. I just cried and cried, trying to get rid of the pain I felt inside me. It just wouldn’t go away. While I cried, I felt a pair of strong arms embrace me, comforting me in my time of need.

“Shh…” I heard him whisper into my ear, “It’s okay. It’s all okay. I'm here…”

I’m not sure how long it was before I stopped crying but I knew that by the time I had stopped, I was extremely exhausted and that I could not keep my eyes open for much longer. With Ian’s help, the both of us got up and walked over to the couch in the room and pulled it out since it was a pull-out couch. I laid down first, followed by Ian. The both of us felt different temperatures. Ian felt like he were about to freeze to death and I felt as if the heat could melt my skin off. We had no choice but to huddle together just to keep at a proper temperature. Despite how awkward it may sound, this actually felt quite familiar and comforting; as kids we would do this a lot whenever it was too cold.

In a few moments, we fell into a deep, dreamless sleep. After all, we were still stuck in the Phrayli…

A/N: Please leave a response to the question I had asked earlier okay?

Thanks for reading...

~ Sorrows