Chapter Twenty Four - His Filthy Blood

No! He can't do this! Fight him Charlie! Don't let this happen! I tore my eyes open and pushed the barrel of the gun into his stomach, I squeezed the trigger with everything I had and it went off with a muffled bang. The speed and proximity of the bullet sent a painful shock up my hand. He released me and stumbled back a few times before collapsing to his knees. The gun fell from my furiously trembling hands and I could still feel the vibration along with being able to see his blood on my hands. "Oh god!" My hands went to my mouth as I attempted to back up against the shelf I was already pressed to. What have I done? Oh god!

"You can't stop me Ch...Charlie! I will n...never leave you a...alone! You're mine! Only...mine!" He stumbled again trying to stand but he fell once more.

Blood began to seep through the material of his shirt creating a pool of dark maroon on it. His hands were a bright red as he pressed it against his middle in an attempt to stop the bleeding. "Ahahaha! Ahahahaha!" Sickly cackling came from beside me and I turned to face Lorraine laughing hysterically while gripping the gun. I had dropped it and not realised when she had crawled over to it. She stood up shakily still laughing and pointed it towards me. I sucked in a breath and frantically shot glances in every direction for an escape, there was none! "Now...now your turn! You stupid bitch! I'm going to kill you and then Aaron will be mine!"

"Help! Please! Oh god! Aaron!" I screamed and she continued to laugh, I closed my eyes and curled my fingers around the metal bar of the shelf. "I love you so much Aaron! I'm so sorry..." I whispered, hoping that somehow he would hear me. I heard a faint sound of the warehouse door open and slam shut but I didn't dare look or move! I heard a click and knew she was only seconds from pulling the trigger.

My heart began to thump louder and faster, my tears were all dried up and my skin felt like ice. The fear was too much to bear, I loosened the grip I had with one of my hands on the bar and brought the hand to cover my stomach. Today I will be the reason our child dies Aaron! I'm just as much a murderer as Lorraine will be. "Hah!" I half gasped half screamed!

I stopped breathing as two loud shots echoed throughout the warehouse. For a second I just stood still, I couldn't feel the pain, or the blood, in fact I couldn't recall feeling the impact of the bullets at all. I was shaking with fear and the sound of the gun shots continued to echo fading away ever so slowly each second."No!" I heard Lorraine's screeching voice shout in panic.

I tore my eyes open to find an all too familiar body standing in front of me like a wall...suddenly he fell to his knees and it was like the wind was completely knocked out of me, my heart didn't know how to function or deal with the sudden pain coursing through my body. This sickening feeling could only be described as death, a painfully excruciating death.

"A...Aaron!" I mirrored his movement and fell to my knees catchig his head in my lap, I kissed his forehead and brushed away his hair. A painful smile crossed his face and my tears began to stream once more, "no...no...no please! Please, Aaron no! Don't leave me...y...you promised..." I whispered against his forehead. "I'm so...so sorry! Aaron please-"

"Y...you did it again s...sweatheart. You left me...a...and I almost-" I crashed my lips to his and pressed a hand over his. I could feel the blood leaking through his wounds and hands, my entire body felt numb.

"You! You did this! This is all your fault!" Lorraine picked herself up off the floor and re pointed the gun at me, I felt Aaron weakly tense and I tightened my grip on his hand. "You came between us! You took him from me and now...now look what you made me do!" I looked back down at Aaron because right now nothing else mattered.

"Put it down Lorraine! We both know I have no problem putting you down and I won't miss!" I heard a vaguely familiar voice through the current panic and fear I was feeling.