Chapter Nineteen - I'm Not Going Anywhere Sweetheart

***

"Alright so Doctor Arson was your obstetrician in New York?" I nodded weakly, desperate for her to stop talking about New York. I have medical history here and round ligament pain is common at this stage of pregnancy however its uncommon for it to happen this frequently and for prolonged periods of time. Do you have these pains when you make sudden movements?" I nodded, "do you get them when your stationary?"

"Yes, sometimes" she placed her hand on the lower end of my bump.

"Have you been doing any exercise? Maybe yoga or stretching" I shook my head, I didn't have the energy or mindset to do any of those things, not to mention I wasn't too excited about going to them on my own so I can watch couples doing the classes together. "Doctor Arson has documented that you may be at risk of further complication later on in your pregnancy. There isn't any major problem right now however we might be looking at a c-section. Your stress levels as still abnormal and this increases chances of miscarriage in your first trimester. I cannot strain enough how important it is for you to relax and take care of yourself because in turn you're taking care of your baby. Your prenatal vitamin intake is inconsistent and your depression is a concern for me too, a happy pregnancy is a healthy pregnancy. Depression can increase stress and that can be potentially harmful. I want you to visit me once a week for the next two months so we can work on getting your health back to a normal state."

"Will my baby be alright?" Suddenly I felt like the worst mother on the face of the planet! How could of I been so careless? Was I that selfish?

"Don't do that to yourself Charlie because you can't change the past, we will work on this together. We will do everything necessary to make sure your baby is delivered healthy and happy along with you! You matter too". She wrote up my prescription and I decided that everything would come second, Pip first. I wanted to find out who the hooded guy was and why he had been after me for so long but I wouldn't do anything to put Pip at risk, I'd make sure to take my medication, eat right, rest and go to exercise classes even if I have to go alone! I'll find out the safest way, there had to be somebody who knew something, anything about him. Firstly my house. It was exactly as it was sixteen years ago, who bought it? And why didn't they reconstruct it?

I had found several apartments but I was currently still at the hotel. It had been a week since I had left everyone behind and I felt too guilty to call them even though I so badly wanted to hear their voices and apologise. These thoughts consumed my mind as I made my way out of the hospital and parking lot.

I looked up and I could have sworn that the world stopped moving when my eyes found his. But he couldn't really be here, could he? Was I imagining him? Across the road he was climbing out of the passenger side door, I continued to walk, crossing the road cautiously because I knew he was simply a figment of my imagination. I was very careful to only remain in contact with Daniel and keep any other way of Aaron finding out where I was hidden.

"Charlie" his voice was a familiar hoarse tone but all I could hear was regret and relief. I froze, I could hear nothing else, his eyes took me in and I began to retreat, one foot after another. "Charlie look out!" He was moving his mouth again and he looked panicked, he was waving his hands in front of him gesturing to something but I couldn't see anything but him. "Charlie for fuck sake-" I saw him glide over the front hood of the Bentley and run towards me, all I wanted to do was turn and run but my body wouldn't allow it. I was fighting against myself to get away from him because I was drawn to him.

"Charlie!" suddenly a sound registered and I turned to my right, a large white van was heading straight towards me and the driver was sounding the horn furiously. I stood still and threw my arms over my face waiting for the impact. Before I even knew it I was airborne and the world started spinning again. In his arms everything felt right! Why? How was I ever supposed to get over him? It felt like I had been pressed against him for hours, that he had been holding me for hours. When he finally settled me down and my feet touched the ground I stumbled back, praying that this was just a dream, a day dream at that.