Chapter Fifteen - Letting The Cat Out Of The Bag

The door pulled off its hinges and hit the floor with a thud; I couldn't hear his boots anymore. I slowly peeked over my folded arms and the large man's body filled the entire door frame. His presence seemed different, a familiar different. No! He's trying to trick you! He wants you to let your guard down so he can hurt your baby! "Charlie...Ch-" His voice sounded comforting, like Aaron's but it wasn't, how could it be! He advanced towards me cautiously and my heart beat spiked. I sprung to my feet and ran towards him, all I needed was to get past him, and then I would be safe! I tried to slide past him but his arms came snaking around my waist and chest. I was pulled against a strong body.

"N...No Please! Ple...Do...Don't hurt my baby! Please! Pl-" I begged, my voice sounding strangled.

"Charlie calm down! Charlie for fuck sake-" I began to thrash in his grip, I tried clawing at his arms and elbowing him but I could barely move, his grip was increasingly firm. "Charlie it's me! Stop!"

"Please...Just let me go! Ple...don't-" Suddenly I was flipped around and pulled into an all too familiar embrace. I dug my nails into his back and clutched on for life! I began to weep and scream but the sound was muffled into his chest, drenching his shirt as I breathed in his scent while gasping for air. He swept me into his arms and held me close to his body so that there wasn't even space for air to pass between us. "H...He...-" I couldn't form a single word, let alone a sentence. I could feel myself quivering, no doubt he could too.

"Shhh, I got you sweetheart! I got you..." he whispered it against the top of my head as he placed a kiss in my hair.

"He...He'll come b...back-" He tightened his grip and I allowed myself to breath him in.

"I won't let him fucking touch you." They were the last words I heard, he didn't push for more either. I felt slight movement as he carried me out of the store room and settled me onto a table. I was still clutching him and I couldn't tear my hands from him. He gripped my wrists and forced me to release him. Strangely this was more comforting because he took my hands within his.

My breathing began to settle and I finally looked into his eyes. "Fuck..." his eyes widened and focused on my arm. I followed his gaze and notice a cut above my right elbow, I remembered back to the panic ridden rush I was in when I shot through the store room door. It was barely open and I must have cut myself then. He tightened his grip before transferring both my hands to one of his. He dug a handkerchief out with his free hand and gently dabbed the wound. I couldn't even feel it, my mind and body both were still trying to recover from the fear. "Did...did he-" I threw my arms around his middle and buried my face against him. The faint sound of sirens finally became louder and eventually filled the room but my grip was just as if not more firm than before. "I'm taking you home-"

"But-" He pulled away and tilted my face up to meet his eyes.

"I'm taking you home!" His jaw was still clenched and I could tell by his tone that he wouldn't back down on this. He turned to leave and I instinctively gripped him again, it was like a reflex, maybe from the thought of being alone or him leaving me, I could no longer tell. All I knew for sure was that right now I couldn't bare the distance. "I'm right here..." He slid an arm under my knees and one came snaking around my lowered back, in seconds I was in his arms once more. I clutched his jacket and fell into his chest, at this he pulled me closer and tightened his grip in a way that assured me that he would never let me fall, that he had me, he had us! I closed my eyes not doubting it for a second.

"Cha...Oh my god Charlie!" I felt hands on my arm and back and I cringed, the touch wasn't familiar and it brought back the fear. I tightened my grip and felt Aaron shift me away from the touch.

"Don't!" He warned, there was a long silence but I didn't open my eyes.

"Sir we need to ask her a few questions, from the state of the gallery we are sure it's the same guy that broke into your office and-"