Chapter 22: The Contract

Miller's POV

"I can only do 10 pirouettes in a row! Mack can do practically that, what is happenning to me?!" Maddie cries out with so much frustration.

For the past half hour, we've been doing dance stuff. That was the deal. I can tell you, right now that she is no where near Caitlin's dance level, but being her boyfriend, may have made me a bit biased. I'm not saying that Maddie was bad because she is good... obviously; she has a national title. According to her, she can not do enough pirouettes for her age and needs my help. At first, I had no idea how I would help her. Probably hold her, but I'm just a cheerleader in this game.

Caitlin most likely took the fact that I chose Maddie over her hard, but I hope she realizes that I chose Maddie to choose her all over again. Okay, that made no sense.

"That's enough!" I grab her foot before she can make her third turn, nearly flinging her forward. "It's already past the half hour that we agreed on. If you don't start teaching, we will not get to dinner at all! I don't think that'll win you favor for potential new friends."

In that way, Maddie is a lot like Caitlin. She doesn't have many friends, but should because she has such a beautiful personality. They also have the same blue eyes and brown hair. Eact same shade of brown, I swear. Their eyes are very different, however. I've caught myself staring into Maddie's eyes because it feels like an endless blue ocean. Caitlin's are definitely duller and closer to a sapphire blue than an ocean blue. Simply, Maddie's eyes' iris are prettier, but Caitlin's are bigger and her lashes are thicker and longer.

Wow, who knew I noticed girls' eyes so much. I feel so feminine right now. Holy shit.

Monster trucks! Race cars! Batman! Football! The Walking Dead! I hope that worked because damn, I'm not prepared to transgender.

Maddie sits herself next to me as she wipes the droplets of sweat that have landed on her forehead. "You know that you can just tell her, right? I find that it's most romantic when unexpected. Imagine this: You two are at her front door after a totally fun date. You can kiss her, then whisper I Love You So Fucking Much and leave. That'll leave her blushing."

Shun me, guys! I had to get help on how to tell this amazing girl that I love her. She is the first girl ever that I feel more than 'like' towards and I am as nervous as hell. Maddie has had plenty of boyfriends that have fallen in love with her, so she is my obvious first choice. We're still pretty close after our break up a few years ago, though we definitely don't share any of the same feelings.

"What if she rejects me?" This is probably what I am most nervous about. I've asked so many girls out(for the record, they said yes) and rejection was never my fear, but with Caitlin it's different. Everything is different. 

"She won't, dude. Chill out. I've seen how she looks at you. She's head over heels inuto a cliff if she has to." Maddie takes a sip of her water calmly, completely opposite to her crazed period during her pirouettes. "How did I ever date you? You are not my type."

I roll my eyes and give her a pointed look. "Well, thanks. You do wonders to my self-esteem."

While, she attempts explaining how girls like guys who can lower their ego at times, I can a phone call. Shushing her, I look at the caller ID. Shit, Jax. He is going to be pissed at me for standing Cait up. I knew I should've discussed this with him before I left. Now is the dilemma of whether or not I should pick up. I look over at Maddie, who is respectively playing Crossy Road on her phone. The more it rings the more guilty I feel.

By thew sixth ring, I pick up. Jax doesn't even give me a chance to greet him. "MILLER DEX WOODS! FUCKING HELL YOU TOOK LONG TO PICK UP???! WERE YOU TOO BUSY TAKING MADDIE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF INSANE LAND? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN SOME DEEP SHIT—"