Chapter 17: Let's Barf Together

My eyes open with thud, when I feel the nausea in my stomach.

I rush to the washroom, but Carter's already there, his head practically inside of the toilet. What even happened last night? I can't hold the vomit in any longer and throw up straight into the pearl white sink. As I straighten my back, I feel another round coming again.

My thoughts seem as blurry as my tear-stained vision and the smell of barf fills my body over and over again. Is it even possible to puke this much in the morning? If mom and dad weren't off on their romantic vacation, they'd be so pissed at me for ruining the bathroom. Of course they didn't leave us alone; they don't trust Carter enough to, so they hired Mrs. Halls, who was supposed to arrive at around 9 last night. I really don't want her to see me like this.

Finally, I can lift my head without throwing it back down to barf. Carter's not here anymore. He must've left during my intense vomiting session.

Grabbing the garbage can for just in case, I trip my way downstairs. After almost crashing into random walls at just about every turn, I enter the kitchen. Carter's sitting at the counter, scooping cereal out of his bowl.

"You look worst than usual," he comments when I sit down.

Great comeback, Caitlin! You can do it!

"Oh, like you could've looked better," I smile at my retort, my raspy tone laced with exhausted sarcasm. I still have no idea what Mrs. Halls gave us to eat that made our stomachs so upset.

"Man, you were so drunk last night," he laughs deeply, spinning around slowly in his chair. My eyes go wide and I nearly choke while getting my voice out, "What?! I was not drunk last night Carter! I think I would probably remember if I let any of that toxic in my mouth. I don't know about you, but I am vomiting because of whatever Mrs. Halls fed us last night."

He seems to find that the one of the most ridiculous things he's ever heard, "Okay, if you weren't drunk then why were you running around and screaming Milly's hair is beautiful. I was so embarrassed for you last night."

"You're punking me, aren't you?" I sneer, "Show me the proof!"

Shrugging, he pulls out his iPhone taps a few things before turning his phone to the side and handing it to me. The cameraman has a shaky hand and seems to be laughing his butt of throughout the whole video. It's a bit dim, but I see myself swinging on one of the kitchen lights above the kitchen counter and singing very off-tune to All About That Bass, and a billion phones trained at me. Miller comes into the scene and pushes me off the light. Something else happens, but the person shooting the footage groans, then shuts the camera off.

"What happened after Carter?" I pass his phone to him anxiously. Nothing connects. Miller broke up with me(well, we were never together, but you know what I mean, but then he acts like he cares about me so much?

"Miller piggybacked you upstairs and then, I have no idea. You know that I was drunk too. Just not as drunk as you were." His tone is laced with amusement and probably black mail. "I got some ratty freshmen to help clean up or else they wouldn't be allowed to attend. Suckers."

You read in books about how the brother of the girl is always so protective over his sister and how when she get 'that' guy, he's so loving to her and make sure she's happy with the guy. Well, Carter's not like that.

I barely heard his last sentence because all I can focus on is his previous one. I was drunk last night. No shit Sherlock, let's move on. Miller Woods helped me. Not normal, but okay. He piggybacked me upstairs and then did who knows what. That's what we need to figure out. What the hell did Miller and I do upstairs?