Chapter 2: Teenage Girls Are Rebellious

~Chapter Two: Teenage Girls Are Rebellious~

"Good you're awake. Now I can tell you the consequences of Miller's actions and what you will be facing."

My eyes open to see five heads looking down at me. Mom. Dad. Carter. Nurse Mann. Miller.

Wait, Miller?

I try to force myself off of the uncomfortable mattress, but everyone's hands seem to be pushing me back down.

Nurse Mann takes out her clipboard and turns to face me, "Caitlin, when that football hit you, it hit a very sensitive part of your head, causing you to pass out and giving you a mild concussion. We called a doctor because it was too late to rush you to the hospital, thanks to the boys on the team. They thought you were bluffing, so they did not call me until a whole hour later. Doctor Adams have given his orders for you to not be dancing for the next two weeks, to heal your concussion."

I suck a sharp breath of air in. No dancing? That's like no eating or no sleeping. Miss. Moselli will be devastated once she hears the news. I'm worried about if I will still be able to perform or not. Two weeks is two classes and every second of practice is worthy to a dancer.

At least I get more time to sleep in.

"Miller," Nurse Mann's eyes give a brief glimpse of annoyance, "Since you were not only the one who threw the football that earned Caitlin this concussion, but also because you also initiated the game of 'throw the football', you will get detention everyday until Caitlin heals. In less speech, that would be two weeks."

I turn my head slightly to see Miller's violent reaction, but he seems only shocked. The question now is, if he is shocked from his punishment or is he still shocked about the fact that he hit an innocent girl really hard with a damn football?

"Say sorry to Caitlin and her family," Nurse Mann urges Miller to give an apology.

"I'm sorry for hitting you with a football, Caitlin. I am also sorry to Carter, Mrs. Mays, and Mr. Mays," he sounds a bit insincere, but I'll take what I can get.

Mom nods uncertainly and Dad just stand there with his arm draped on mom's waist. Carter's eyes show how unforgiving he is deep down.

"The next thing is that we are going to make Miller skip practices to go to Caitlin's house for the next two weeks because it's only fair," Nurse Mann jots down something into her note book.

If Miller isn't going to throw a violent fit, then I will. I thought this was a punishment for him, not for me. I would rather spend time with Dirty Sinner than Miller. Trust me when I say that Dirty Sinner is the definition if his name.

"No!" Miller yells what is in my head.

"In addition to that, you will drive Caitlin home everyday for a month. That should be enough to have you learn your lesson," Nurse Mann smiles in satisfaction. It almost looks as if she was smiling evilly.

Carter can no longer speak, so be hangs his mouth wide open with his eyes big and wild. His face is so red that if you stuck some headlights onto him and a hose, you could mistaken him as a fire truck.

I finally take enough breath in to mutter, "Isn't that a little much?"

This time, my own mother, who is supposed to be on my side, shakes her head. How can she be such a traitor to her daughter?

"He needs to learn his lesson and you need to learn to be more careful. Plus, it benefits you. You are a teenage girl, Caitlin. You are supposed to be rebellious, but instead you coop yourself in your room and keep everything close to you." mom says sternly. I can hear Carter muffle a few giggles behind her. I'll get him for that later.