Chapter 26

Alex lay there breathing deeply. She could smell her mate. Then she heard muttered voices, the door opening and closing. Her eyelids fluttered, adjusting to the light. She looked up and there were the eyes she had longed to see. Crystal blue with tiny hints of gold. Alex smiled and took in the rest of his face. He was just staring at her looking surprised. "Hi"

Trevor smiled. "Hi princess. How are you feeling?"

"Fine. Thirsty." She couldn't stop smiling at him. Trevor reached over and poured her a glass of water. He helped her sit up to drink. The water tasted like heaven and she gulped it greedily. Alex laid back on the pillow. "How did you find me?"

Trevor's eyes darkened. "Marcus woke up and told us Owen took you."

"Owen?!"

Trevor looked at her confused. "You didn't know who took you?"

Alex shook her head. "No. Whenever he came to bring me food, he was all in black with a ski mask on. All I could see were his eyes. They were a strange blue. Wait! Owen doesn't have blue eyes!"

Trevor cleared his throat. "We found blue contacts when we searched the house."

"Oh. What about Shirley? Was she involved too?" Alex seemed hurt. Trevor nodded. "Why? Why would they do that? I thought they were my friends."

"I don't know honey. I haven't questioned them yet."

"I want to be there when you do. They owe me an explanation."

Trevor shook his head. "No. You are not going anywhere near them."

Alex was getting angry. "Listen here, your not my father! You can't tell me what to do!"

Trevor growled. "I am your mate! You will do as I say!"

Alex glared at him. "I don't give a damn if your the King of the world! You. Do. Not. Tell. Me. What. To. Do!"

Just as he was about to retort, the door opened. John walked in and started to smile. When he looked at the two, his smile dropped. "Luna it's good to see you're awake. Let me just give you a quick check and we can get you out of this room." Alex nodded and continued to glare at Trevor.

"Well it seems that you are fine. There shouldn't be any side effects to the tranquilizer." John patted her hand.

"Thank you so much John for taking care of me. So it's no problem if I go home?" He looked at her and then the Alpha. Trevor started growling.

"That should be fine. Just don't do anything strenuous for the next couple of days. Well I better go. Alpha...Luna." He hurried out of the room.

"You are not leaving. Do not test me on this Alex."

"I want to go home. I need to see Sammy and take care of some things. Oh my God, Sammy! Who's been taking care of him? My poor baby probably thinks he's been abandoned."

"Don't worry he has been taken care of. I have someone over there now feeding him and taking him for a walk."

Alex was about to put forth another argument when Adora spoke. You must stay here. There are people you need to meet.

Dammit!

"Fine. I will stay for a little while, but! I want Sammy brought here."

"You can't be serious Alex! The King is coming tomorrow. I can't have a dog running around the house!"

"Either he comes or I go. Take your pick." Alex smirked.

Trevor ran his hands through his hair and growled. He narrowed his eyes at her. "Okay. But he stays in the bedroom while the King is here."

"Deal! Now can I get out of here, I want to take a shower."

********

Dammit! They found the bitch! I guess I'm going to have to do it myself. For now, I need to go make friends. Then I'll strike when she least expects it.