Epilogue

Today is the big birthday bash. Seth, Natalie and Nicole are turning 18. So much has happened in those 18 yrs. When the kids got their gifts we were shocked. All three are elementals. Seth is fire, Natalie is water and Nicole is air.

Four years after the triplets were born, I got pregnant again. To everyone's surprise we had triplets again. Identical twin boys and a girl. Evan, Ethan and Hannah will be 14 next month.

The King was true to his word and sent 100 workers. The walls were finished in 2 months. We had a huge pack party that lasted 2 days. There was enough money left over to build a pack school. Now the kids in the pack don't have to attend the school in town. Other packs were curious as to why we fortified our territory. We told them it was to make sure rogues could never enter our land. Some were accepting, a small amount were sceptical. We didn't care what they thought as long as we were safe.

When Owen and Shirley were released, I begged Trevor not to banish them. He agreed but set their rank at Omega. They have been wonderful the last 8 yrs. They work at the pack house and the kids think of them as Grandparents. The past is the past. I understand their thinking. Even though their actions were wrong.

Daniel still lives at the Lakehouse. He resumed his Beta duties, but likes the solitude. I made him a Lycan, because he was someone who deserved it. The kids adore their Uncle, especially Seth. Daniel always sides with him in arguments with his father. I pray to the great spirit that he will get a second chance mate. He has too much love inside to be alone.

No one has heard from Derek. There were rumors from time to time that he was in the area. As far as I was concerned they were just that, rumors.

The saddest day of my life happened 6 yrs ago. Sammy passed away. He was 14, so we knew it would happen one day but nothing can prepare you for the actual moment. He was family to us, not a pet. He was laying in his doggie bed in the corner of our room. I could hear him whimpering. I got up out of bed and went to him. He couldn't even lift his head, just whimper. I called Trevor and the Kids. We all sat with him giving him rubs and hugs, until his last breath. I held him close and cried. "Good bye my darling Sammy." He is buried in the back garden with a little marker. I visit him from time to time and lay a dog biscuit on his grave.

********

Trevor was in the Media room watching TV with Ethan and Evan, to say I was furious would be an understatement. "What are you guys doing in here?! The party starts in an hour! You three need to finish setting up the tables and get dressed!"

"Don't worry princess, the tables are done. We just want to catch the end of the game." Trevor smiled and winked.

Alex grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. They all groaned and yelled. "Shut up all of you! Go get dressed!"

"Mom seriously it will only take us like 10 minutes to get ready, were not girls." Evan chimed in.

"The whole Royal family will be here today. You will not wear jeans and Tshirts. You will dress appropriately." She scowled at them.

They left the room muttering, 'this is so lame', 'who cares about what the stupid royal family thinks'. Trevor kept quiet knowing the mood she was in and went upstairs to dress.

The girls were in Natalie's room getting dressed. Alex gave a quick knock and walked in. In front of her stood Nicole, dressed in a strapless, snakeskin print dress with black lace inserts on the sides that went from the bottom all the way to her waist. Showing nothing but skin. The dress barely covered her butt. Alex almost had a heart attack. "Nicole Black! What are you wearing?! You look like a prostitue! Where is the dress I picked out for you?!"

"Mom seriously?! I look hot! Hannah and Nat agree. Right?" The girls looked at the floor. "Thanks a lot guys." Nic scowled.

"I want you all dressed in the clothes I picked out for you today or you will be on kitchen duty with Adolfo for a month." Alex was deadly calm and they knew not to disobey. Alex walked out and slammed the door. "What is wrong with my family today?"

When everyone was dressed Alex made them meet downstairs so she could approve of their clothes. Once she was satisfied, she had them all go out front, awaiting the royal family. Soon there was a line of cars. The King exited and reached out his hand to help the Queen. She was beautiful. Golden blond hair to her shoulders in a wedge cut. Big sapphire blue eyes and the body of a model. The Prince exited. He was a carbon copy of Xavier, with the exception of his mother's sapphire eyes. Where Xavier was jovial and the Queen benevolent, Prince Michael was arrogant. Alex knew this was going to be a long day.

********

Trevor thought the party was going well. Alex had begun to relax and was talking with the Queen. Everyone was dancing, eating and drinking, except the Prince. He sat stiffly next to Xavier looking bored. "Your highness don't you want to dance?"

Prince Michael looked down his nose at Trevor. "No."

"Michael loosen up this is a party. You are 19 not 40." Xavier said with a laugh.

"I'm going to get a drink." Michael got up and walked away.

"Trevor I apologize for his behavior. Being royalty and an only child, has not been easy for him. Not to mention his mother spoils him." Xavier sighed.

"It's okay. You said you wanted to talk to me. Since we're alone this would be a good time."

"When I sent you the workers to build the walls, you said you would be indebted to me. I am now asking for a favor."

"Of course Xavier. Anything I can do for you I will. What is it you need?"

"I want one of your daughters to mate with my son."

Trevor was speechless.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. Thank you to everyone who voted and commented. At some point I will be updating this book. I tried to edit each chapter but no one is perfect. So I am sure there are mistakes. I wrote this very quickly. The story was in my mind and I rushed it out.

My new book, Misery no ordinary rejection, will start posting later today.

The Sequel, Unforgiving, will start posting in January.