Chapter 20

Alex opened her eyes and looked around the room. Everything was vivid. She was amazed that she could see even the tiniest cracks in the walls. Alex could hear the small drip of a faucet in the house above. Smells were assaulting her. She felt wonderful! Alex pushed herself to sit up. Something wasn't right. She looked down at herself and saw fur and paws. Startled she fell off the bed. Oh my god! What happened to me! Ok Alex... just take a deep breath. You can do this. She shakily stood. She walked slowly at first and moved quicker as she got used to being on four legs. Alex wanted to shout, but it came out as a yip.

We are beautiful. The voice was like tinkling chimes, beautiful and surreal. Alex whipped her head from side to side trying to locate the voice. Who are you?! Where are you?! Alex's eyes scanned the room.

Pleasure to meet you Alex. I am Adora, your wolf. I have waited a very long time to meet you. In answer to your question, I am part of you. Our spirits are now joined. If you close your eyes and look deeply in your mind, you will see me.

Oh. My. God! you're really there! Okay...I remember Trevor telling me about this. You're suppose to help me. So let's start by you telling me how to get from four legs back to two.

There was tinkling laughter before Adora spoke. As you wish. Think of your body. Your hair, eyes, arms and legs. Think of being human. Make sure you think of yourself clothed or you will be naked.

Alex's body began to shake, bones snapping and reconfiguring, fur retreating into her body. The process only taking seconds and Alex was back to her human self. "Wow! that was crazy!" She heard Adora's laughter.

We need to talk. There are many things you need to know. Some of it you can not tell anyone, even your mate.

"Okay...start with how I am a wolf now."

Adora was amused. Oh my dear Alex, you are not just a wolf. You are a Lycan. Something this world has never seen before.

********

He woke as he heard a yip. The wolf was walking around the room. He quietly stood and retreated back upstairs before she could see him. He was confused, She was human! How is this possible? He had to make a change of plans. He took off the ski mask and removed the blue contacts as he sat down at the kitchen table. The woman entered the room. "How is she?"

"She's a wolf!"

"No! that is impossible!"

"She is. I watched her change. We have to figure out how to get her back to her house, before Trevor finds out who took her."

"She's a wolf now, it will not be as easy to return her as when we took her." The woman sighed. "She will be able to scent us now. There will be no way to hide what we have done."

********

He could hear people coming and going. No matter how hard he tried, his eyes would not open or body move. Marcus desperately wanted to tell them who took Alex. The darkness was creeping in. He tried to fight it. Tried to push himself to wake up, only to succumb to darkness once again.