Chapter 40

Alex was absolutely miserable. The babies were due yesterday. She could not walk on her own, couldn't take a bath, could barely sit up to eat and she was bored. Trevor was out everyday early and came back after dinner exhausted. He is consumed with building the walls. When the King left he allowed Edward and Matthew to remain. They were the only people she saw besides John and the maids. Everyone that was physically able were working on the walls.

"Edward...Matthew!" They came running in the room.

"Luna are you okay? Are you in labor?" The look on their faces was priceless. Alex busted out laughing. They scowled at her. "What's so funny?"

"You two! If you could of seen your faces. I just want you to help me to the couch, I want to watch TV."

They mumbled as they helped her to the couch. "Do you need anything else Luna?"

"Just hand me the remote and I'll be fine."

"If you would please Luna, don't yell unless you are in danger or pain. Remember we have wolf hearing. Just call for us." Edward looked at her sternly.

Alex giggled. "Sorry. I forget about that sometimes." They left to go stand guard.

Adolfo could you send me ice cream, pretezels, pineapple chunks and bacon.

What flavor ice cream?

Hmm...rocky road.

It will be up shortly Luna

Thank you!

Alex sat back scanning the channels for something to watch while she waited for her treat. She gasp as she felt a sharp pain in her lower back. "Matthew." The guard walked in. hmm guess they can hear me.

"How can I help you Luna?"

"My back is hurting. Can you get me a pillow?" Matthew went to the bed and got a pillow, helping her place it behind her back. "Oh yeah. That is so much better. Thank you." He bowed and walked to the door as the maid arrived.

Alex's eyes lit up at the sight of her food. "I'm going to need your help."

"My pleasure Luna."

"First I need you to put three scoop of ice cream in the bowl, then add some pineapple and crumbled bacon on top." The maid looked shocked but did as instructed and prepared it for her. "Please put the pretzels beside me." Alex took the bowl and mixed everything together, then took a pretzel and scooped some up and put it in her mouth. The maid looked horrified as Alex moaned.

"Will there be anything else Luna?"

"Nope. I'm good." The maid bowed and went out.

Just as she was half way through her treat, there was a sharp pain that went from her back around her stomach. Alex dropped the bowl and it went everywhere. Then she felt a warm gush of water. "Oh my god. MATTHEW! EDWARD!" They ran in the room. "Call the doctor and Trevor. My water just broke."

********

Trevor was exhausted. He wanted the walls completed in 3 months. That would mean they had to do a little over a mile and half each month. At there current pace it would take 4 months. He was frustrated because everyone was working as hard as they could. Trevor didn't want to try and push them harder. To add to the frustration the pups could come at anytime and he would have to leave to be with Alex.

Trevor's phone rang. "What now!" He growled as he answered. "This better be good! I'm very busy!"

"Is that anyway to greet your King?" Xavier chuckled.