Felix x Cat!Reader

For: dUdEr99

"Excellent! Just one more time!"

Your tail flicked back and forth in rhythm with the notes that the little boy next to you plunked out on the piano.
He accidentally played the wrong note and winced, waiting for you to call him off.
You only smiled and put your hand over his.
"It's okay. Try again." You say. You put your hand over his and guided his fingers to the right notes.

...

"Thank you Miss y/n!" The boy waved a good bye before heading off with his mother.
You feel a smile spread across your face, seeing your student so happy.

Sure, a piano teacher's wage wasn't much, but it was enough. In your case at least.

You brush your dress off and collect your things. The old man who managed the center you worked in noticed your cheery nature.
"In all my years of work, I've never seen a smile like yours. Tell me... what makes you so happy?" He asked, helping you put all your songbooks back into your bag.

You paused for a minute, thinking about the words you wanted to say before finally speaking. "I just find fulfillment in seeing my students so happy to... to..."

"To learn." The old man finished.

You grin. "Exactly."

You pull out the roll of dollars from today's work and hand the man his half.
He shook his head. "I know your financial situation. You need your dinner." He said.
You were surprised and stuttered for a minute before speaking.
"B-B-But this... this is our deal! I can't take your cu—" You didn't get to finish as he shoved the money into your bag.

"Good night, Y/N." The old man chuckled before walking away to close up the center.

You dropped off your stuff at your flat before deciding to buy yourself a small dinner.
Your heels clicked against the sidewalk as you traversed down to the local pub. It was a warm night, so no need for a jacket.
Your tail swayed back and forth, barely touching the ground beneath you. Your ears were flattened against your head because of the light breeze that blew in your face.

"Y/N?"

Your ears circled into the direction of the voice.
A black cat took off his hat and walked toward you.
"Y/N L/N? Of Churchwood road?" He asked.
You slowly nod your head.
"It's me. Felix? Felix the Cat?" He said. You tilted your head, starting to recognize the skinny cat who used to live across from you.

"Oh my god."

Felix pulled you into a rough hug, squeezing the daylights out of you. "How long has it been?" He exclaimed, while lifting your body off the ground.
"Felix! Ribs!" You squeaked, making him let go of you.

"Sorry! Sorry!" He said. You gulped frantic breaths of air and slowly regaining your composure.
Once you finally calmed down, you looked at him.

"Wow. You...You've grown." You've managed to say, astounded by his skinny but built physique. He wasn't the small, helpless kitten from all those years ago.

Felix rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah. And... And so have you!" He exclaimed, putting his hands on her shoulders.
You flushed slightly, feeling his eyes glance over to your chest.

...

In the end, you and Felix decided to get some dinner together and catch up.

"So you really are a piano teacher?" Felix asked while chewing his food.

"It's what I'm good at." You said drinking some water.
"Damn right." Felix chuckled. You flush again.

Twice he's made you feel nervous. You didn't like this feeling but at the same time... you did.

Was that weird?

After finishing your meal, you both decided to go for a walk.

"So you're really an adventurer now... what's that like?" You ask curiously. Felix puffed out his chest starting to go on about his exploits and what not.
You hung onto every word, the curiosity in you burning for more.

Felix suddenly stopped talking to look at you.
You felt the red growing across your cheeks as he leaned in, cupping your cheek.
You didn't fight him as he pulled you closer, your noses practically touching. You wrapped your arms around his neck as he kissed you.

When he finally pulled away, you were breathless.
"Felix..." You swooned, melting into his arms.

"Come with me."

You blinked. "I'm sorry?" You ask, shocked.

"Come with me! We can travel the world, together!" He exclaimed, holding your hands.

You wanted to say yes.
You really did.

But then again... you weren't a wandering spirit. You liked where you where and... to suddenly drop all that scares you.

"Felix... I'm sorry. I-I can't." You whisper.

Felix ears and tails drooped. He slowly let go of your hands.
"...I understand."
You smiled sadly, cupping his cheek and kissing him.

"That's why I'll visit you." He chirped.

You smile. A bit surprised, but nevertheless you were happy.

This was the Felix you remember.