Fusion

Y/N's pov

It had been a few minutes so far into this sort of training with Steven. Dancing or just by having a great bond with the other can help fuse as Steven told me from his adventures. I'll be honest, this whole dancing thing is kinda hard to do since I never really got the chance to do so, but nevertheless, I did...well. After a bit of this training, Steven finally decided that I had learnt enough, surprising since we had only been at this for a short time. Steven went up the stairs towards the warp pad and waved but spoke before leaving.

Steven: Remember, it's not just about dancing to fuse, it's from your bond with each other!
Y/N: Got it!

With that, Steven left, leaving me alone in the garden. I decided to go back inside the house and try to get Spinel out of her gem early by fusing. I went to my room and went to my bed where Spinel's gem stood. I carefully grabbed her gem and began to try on focus on anything that could help try and fuse. I thought up many things, the jokes we told when we were in the garden, the "date" she called it, all the moments we had. And soon enough, I no longer felt her gem in my hands. I- We! Had started to change!

Spinel's pov.

Looks like I got poofed for the second time now, at least it. Wasn't via a rejuvenator. I stood in the middle of nowhere, pitch black, yet I could see myself perfectly and the place didn't seem creepy or anything, instead it looked more calm even if it was empty. I wasn't scared, but I did feel bored as there was nothing here.

Spinel: I guess I just wait here until I feel like I can reform?

I decided to just count the seconds until an hour or two passes and I'll try from there. While did so, I thought it would be nice to just mess around with ponytails and such to also pass the time.

Join me Y/N!

I paused from the voice that echoed from the environment. I looked around for whoever said it, but saw nothing. The voice sounded nothing like the others and sounded very suspicious...

Succumb to your true nature, why let a toy stop you?

Toy? Did they refer to me? I looked around again to see where the voices were coming from, only to see someone in front of me after looking around for so long. It looked like Y/N, yet he looked so much different. While he faced away from me, I could see that his clothing now had turned from a green color to a more dark purple. His once brown boots were black with sharp tips at the top, his petal-like collar now were dark purple instead of their original yellow and his hands now had black gloves which reached to his elbow with sharp tips as well. Once I took in all the features, I noticed a shine on the ground. I looked and looked in horror as there were shattered gems on the ground, each one being recognizable. Amethyst, Pearl, Lapis, even Pi- Steven's gem, with blood stained on it. I looked back to see Y/N facing me, his once (E/C) now holding a purple glow, his teeth were now sharp, and his eyes had black marks on them, a small triangular shaped mark at the top on each eye, and slightly bigger one on the bottom as well. He stared at me before finally speaking.

Y/N: I should've left you in the garden while I still had the chance, you know.
Spinel: W-What?
Y/N: As a matter of fact, I probably should've shattered you while I still had the chance.

I backed up, tears forming and falling from my eyes. My new form began to change while this was happening. Once done, I noticed I was back to normal, with my black shirt and and black marks on my face. Y/N lunged while creating an axe with his left hand. I grew confused since I thought he couldn't use his powers from the past but I pushed that aside as well as myself to dodge Y/N's attack. I turned to him as he turned towards me while getting rid of the axe from his hand.