A New Home

(Song at the top for later in the chapter)

After some days and a LOT of kissing the ground, Beach City was back to normal, well, almost normal. Ever since whole "destroying the planet" ordeal, you and spinel had decided to stay in earth, much to Spinel's nervous thoughts about how the civilians would react to her after what had happened. Not everyone saw eyes to eye with you and Steven when you both said Spinel was on your side after what had happened, but they decided to give her a chance. And after the buildings were finally rebuilt, you and her had to pay your debts on the game machine spinel broke and the stickers you didn't pay for, you both had to help rebuild their buildings and you also had to do things like tidy up the place for them, it was boring, though with spinel, you both joked around talked, which made it not as boring. At the end, you and her finally paid it off and were finally free. for Steven and the others, it was mixed, Steven, Connie, and Greg were welcome of both you and her, while the other gems were a little suspicious of Spinel after what she did, and a little nervous around you since you were a destroyer, but they welcomed you in the end anyways. And last, the diamonds and homeworld, you, Spinel and sometimes Steven, would visit the diamonds, they were fine with Spinel and Steven, but were a little cautious around you as they still feared that it would only take one bad thing and you would end up destroying most of homeworld, or worse, earth, though the diamonds still cared about you. You also had met most of the gem population on homeworld, some were mixed. While others were kind, some still saw you either as a defect or a threat, but you didn't care, you had your friends and that's all that mattered. Right now, you were with Steven and the others walking to a shop at night for some snacks.

Y/N: So why did you ask for me to come with Steven? I don't exactly need to eat, I mean, not to be rude, I'm just saying that-
Steven: It's alright Y/N, I just want to see if you would want a snack, they're delicious I swear. Don't worry, after this we can go back home because me and the others need to prepare for tomorrow since we need to go to some planets the diamonds asked us to visit.
Spinel: Why?
Garnet: Apparently there are corrupted gems on different planets from past wars, battles, and similar experiences lie, ours, we need to destroy them, grab their gem, and uncorrupt them.
Y/N: is that even possible?
Steven: Of course! We've done it before, we can do it again!
Y/N: Can I join? Spinel and I doing chores has been pretty boring since all we did was just use a broom and swipe at the ground for hours.
Steven: Sure! The more the better!
Spinel: If Y/N is going then I'm coming with.
Steven: Of course! Man, you two sure are inseparable.
Amethyst: like, totally inseparable, I don't see you two alone at all.
Y/N: Well we are best friends! Right, Spinel?
Spinel: Yeah.

Spinel smiled, but inside it hurt a little when you called her 'best friend', she was unsure why, but shrugged it off. The group then made it to a little store, from there Steven started grabbing snacks. You decided look around and see if there's anything you could even try, Spinel decided to follow you once you started wandering off. You looked until you saw a bag called "marshmallows" with white, cylinders in it. You, decided open and took one out.

Y/N: Want one?
Spinel: Uh, sure.

You gave the one in your hand to Spinel who grabbed it, and pulled another one out. You both started to chew on them, spinel liked it, and looked to see how you would react. You were motionless, until you finally spoke.

Y/N: This is delicious!!!

You took another one and started eating it, Steven noticed and soon came up to the both of you with his snacks in hand.

Steven: I guess you want those Y/N?
Y/N: Yes!!
Steven: Alright. Just try not to open them until after we pay for them next time.
Y/N: Sure thing!