Chapter 15

I woke up as if yesterday was a dream but seeing him softly snoring beside me makes it a proof that it was all real. I carefully lifted my head from his chest to see his beautiful face glittering with micro beads of sweat because of the sun peeking through the window. I recalled telling him everything that happened and remembered the way he patiently listened with his arms around me.

I placed my head back where it was, right above his heart and closed my eyes, listening to his heartbeat. I silently counted the days he was gone and realized that he didn't finished his exchange program with Derek. He would be in so much trouble when he goes to school today. I could picture the way Kizzie would walk towards us that would send everyone silent and make sneer comments that would make me seem like my face fell flat on the floor. Then, there's Derek. I don't know where he would be in the picture which makes it seem even more scarier. I don't know if he would join forces with Kizzie or stop her.

"Are you alright?"

I threw my eyes open and looked up at him. "Yes, I'm okay."

We slowly sat up, breaking the position we had from last night.

"You seem...worried," he said hesitating, wondering about the right word.

I lingered my fingers on the sheets, playing for time. "I just..." I could feel his eyes on me which brought my gaze up to his. "I'm scared of what people would say about me...about us."

"Does that really matter?" he said, a trace of smile bent on one corner of his lips.

And at that, I smiled back in slight relief.

********************

Okay, so here we are, walking along the blue halls of Rydell High blah blah blah...

You get the picture.  The difference is that everyone has their eyes all over us, as if waiting for us to make a mistake, like, I might trip or do something stupid like the old Sandra would.

And I just wish I was her again.

But if I was her--again--I wouldn't have Danny right here beside me. I wouldn't be who I am today.

Who am I today?

I don't have the answer to that question--yet--but I would surely want that answered.

Maybe later.  'Cause right now, I see hurricane Kizzie coming our way.  Wondering when I started calling her that?  Just two seconds ago.  'Cause whenever there's a major disaster, well, she caused it.

As usual, when she's there, people turn and hush to their silence, stopping whatever they're doing and cutting their conversations.

And there's her sexy walk, making her way towards us in her silver-studded platform heels and black catsuit--my, she looks like Catwoman--only that, she's not the hero, she's the villain--with her curly black volumized hair.  She crossed her arms, and I already knew that she's going to make a sneer comment.

"Aw," she cooed.  "Would you look at that? Danny is back from the exchange program." She fakes a frown, pretending to be perturbed.  "I don't think your face belongs here yet."

Behind her came Derek in a black tank top underneath white see-through 3/4s button-down shirt and tight gray jeans.

"Hey, Sandra!" he waved.

I smiled back, now unsure what to make out of him.\

"I've been calling you," he cheerily said.

Now that didn't sound right.

"What?" I said, puzzled.

"But you kept on rejecting my calls. I guess you were with your boyfriend and you didn't want him to know about us..." he faltered, moving his gaze to Danny who was standing right beside me. I took the chance to peak at his face.

And it doesn't look too good.

I turned to Derek when he started talking again. "Oh," he pointed to Danny as he spoke to me.  "Is this him?" he chuckled before taking a few steps toward him, taking in his red 3/4s button-down, black jeans and red Chucks.  Derek nodded as though considering before turning back to me.  "Looks tough enough to me." He squinted his eyes as if to realize something.  "No wonder you're scared of him.  Tell me," he slid his sleeves up before crossing his arms.  "Tell me, Sandra, does he beat you up?"

"How could you?" I croaked, tears stinging the bridge of my nose causing my eyes to well up.  "I thought you were real."

"Oh, I am real," he brightened up.  "Remember when I told you that I love you and that I will marry you when we get out of high school?  They're all real."  He turned to Danny.  "Then, he showed up," he said with a smirk.

"You...you apologized.  You said you were sorry about the video--"

"What?" he turned to me, ridiculed.  "What are you talking about, love?" he took a step towards me.  "It was our evidence of love," he said tenderly.

I shook my head, fierce tears rolling down my cheeks.  "Shut up."

Why do I have to look like a poor damsel in distress?!

Let's rough me up a bit, shall we?

I raised my hand with all the guts that's left of me and swung it against his face.

"OW!" I said right after my hand hit him and began to carress my hand against my chest.  Danny loosened his tightened jaw and the anger on his face was replaced with concern.

"Are you okay?" he asked, reaching for my hand.

"I'm--I'm fine," I said, breathing in.

I remembered hitting Derek's face.  I looked at him and he crumbled on the floor like some agonized Thor.

Although, I'm not sure if Thor cries when he's in pain.

Derek must be a weak kind of Thor then.

I sucked in my breath and worked my way towards Kizzie in slightly wobbly feet.  Darn!  I hate it when Cheska makes me wear heels.

"That's what's going to happen to your face if you don't stop," I said, square on before walking out.

Score for me!