Chapter 6

"Sandra!!! Sandra, wake up!!!"

I heard Cheska's voice as though in a far distance.

"Sandra!!!" she shook me hard until sleep has jumped out of me.

"What?" I asked in annoyance as I sat up.

"Have you seen the dress?" she beamed, careless about my morning mood in her wet auburn hair and white bath robe.

"No, I haven't."

Her face dropped. "I can not believe you." Her eyes moved to the note still in my hand. "And you managed to read that over and over again?"

I smiled sheepishly.

"We've got no time for that!" she errupted. "Let's go and get you ready for tonight! I have your bath ready at the Preston's Spa Lounge at the other side of the pool. Your mother has prepared breakfast for us at the dining hall."

I stared at her blankly. Preston's Spa Lounge? I was never allowed there except when mother asks me to deliver teas and coffees to Helga's socialite friends. And dining hall? I never sat on their prestigious mahogany set, nevertheless ate there.

"What are you waiting for? Get your ass moving!"

I jumped and obediently went out of my room. Gosh I could see where she got that trait. I remembered Helga shouting to Dan to help out in carrying our things when Mother and I first moved here.

I went to the spa lounge as if it was my first time. The place never failed to amaze me. The full-length windows on the left brought in the warm energizing glow of the sunlight. The oak sofas arranged in a 'U' shape at the center of the room and a rectangular table in the middle of it, facing the door.

A girl in a blue scrubsuit and bunned hair approached with a friendly smile. "Ms. Sandy?"

"Yes?"

"We shall proceed to your make-over."

For Pete's sake! How many make-overs do I have to go through?

**********

Is that...ME? My skin became smoother than the last time Cheska and the girls first gave me a make-over using Danny's credit card.

Anyway, this make-over I had today is only temporary. It's mostly make-ups and massages and what's that they call "ex-fo-li-ate"? Well, whatever it was, by midnight, I will return to being straight, front-banged blonde (previously orange and frizzy) girl, pale-skinned and ragged shirts. Just like Cinderella by midnight.

Except, I won't be wearing glass slippers.

Tanya, my "Specialist" as she would put it when she introduced herself to me during the Milky Rose Bath, led me to an octagonal room full of mirrors. The harsh orange lighting focused on the center where a round platform is built. It is a place where dressing up obviously happens. She led me to the middle and surprisingly, the lights doesn't feel so hot. Tanya pulled the familiar white box from one of the mirror cabinets and unveiled the most beautiful dress I've ever seen.

It is a full-length white chiffon dress with a gold belt accentuating my waist. The one-shoulder strap, defining my frame while my hair curled to the other side.

"It's such a beautiful piece, Miss" Tanya said. "Better than what Ms. Cheska and Madam Helga wears."

I looked at Tanya through the mirror. "Really?"

She nodded with the same awestruck look on my face.

I ran my hand through the dress. "It is beautiful," I whispered.

"Mr. Danny would certainly fall for you," she winked. And as a response, I smiled.