Chapter 2

Truthfully, I am enjoying my long, blonde ponytail and front bangs accessorized with a thin black hairband. Whenever I would look at my reflection in the mirror, I could see the difference between the old me and the new me.

Only 1 more period before lunch once Science class is over. The speaker cackled to life.

"Danny Preston," Ms. Castell's voice called out. "Please proceed to the principal's office now."

My mind churned to find any reason why Danny is about to face trouble. Is it related to what happened this morning with Kizzie? No. Impossible. That would be exaggerating. After all, he didn't even lift a finger on her. He was holding my hand all that time...

I felt frozen and pale all of a sudden. I could feel 23 pairs of eyes--yes, including the teacher--on me as whispers began to fill the room.

"...I knew it..."

"...she has changed..."

"...no good..."

"...out to ruin his life..."

"...changed for the worse..."

"...bitch just like Kizzie..."

I turned to my left where Cheska, my best friend and lab partner, is seated. I could see my face mirroring hers: eyes wide open, mouth shut tight, pale-faced, body rigid and frozen in place. My eyes felt hot with tears.

The bell eventually rang.

I raced out of the room before everyone else. I headed to my locker and switched my Science book with English. I searched the hall for him, ignoring the glares and whispers of the people passing by me, but there was no sign of Danny.

The next hour felt like a drag on my shoulders.

**********

I headed to the canteen as soon as the bell rang.

My eyes scanned the area and there he was, moving slowly along the line with a tray sliding along the metal conveyor with the other students.

I dashed to his side, almost sending myself to the white linoleum floor.

He turned to me, probably sensing my clumsy presence.

"Hey," his face brightened up.

"Hey..." I softened.

His smile makes everything seem okay. Our eyes continued to read each other until his smile faded.

"What's wrong?" he asked, probably saw the tears filling my eyes, worry shown through his voice. He stepped out of the line with his blue tray only filled with paper plate of goopy carbonara.

"Uhm...you were called...to the Principal's Office earlier..." I began, fumbling with my fingers.

"Oh." His expression became vague.

I waited for him to say something but nothing came out of his mouth.

"What...what is it about?" I asked then, suddenly, words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them but don't worry, I kept it as soft as possible. I'm not some kind of emotional freak. "'Cause I just don't want you in trouble because because people started to think that I got you into trouble and that I'm the next Kizzie and they said that we're the same--"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," he held out a hand. "No." His voice sounded assuring. "You're WAY TOO FAR different from Kizzie," he emphasized. He cupped my chin with his thumb and fore finger. "You're beautiful, Sandra. Both inside and outside."

============================

How are you liking the sequel so far?

Tell me all about it by leaving a comment and voting :D

You must be wondering why this chapter is entitled "If You Ever Come Back" well, I'm not sure if the next chappie would explain it teehee ~^_^~