Chapter 14

"What?" Cheska said disbelievingly. "You actually believed him?"

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. "He seems nice."

"I don't think you should believe him, Sands," Lexi said, reaching out for me.

I looked down on my tray and sighed. If only Danny was here, I would have talked to him and everything would be okay. Nothing else would matter.

"Hey," Cheska said, a tone that indicates that she's changing the course of the topic. "Are you going to be online tonight?"

I blinked. "I guess...I still haven't used the laptop on my own yet."

"Great!" she beamed.

**********

I opened the door to our (me and my mother's) room and walked straight ahead to my desk where the glittery pink laptop lay. It's actually a part of Cheska's make-over gift to me.

I opened my FaceBook account and a video link at the top of my news feed immediately caught my attention. "FOR A GIRL NAMED SANDY"

Then saw a gazillion likes.

I clicked on the link and suddenly forgot how to breathe.

"Hi Sandy," Danny clears his throat, holding on to his guitar, while he continued to stare at the camera which made it seem like he's actually talking to me. "I've been hearing things," he paused. "But it doesn't mean I believe them." He nodded, probably thinking of other words to say. "This is for you." He positioned himself, ready to play the guitar. "Don't laugh," he chuckled. "I just wrote this."

Then, as the song began, my eyes began to well up and I couldn't help but break into little giggles every now and then.

"I'm missin' you,

And I hope you miss me, too,

It's not easy breathing

Without me hearing you...

When the sun comes shining in

I will be holding you still

When the sun comes down tonight

I just want you to know that I'll still be holding you tight..."

He stopped and smiled which broke into a chuckle. "I know it was too short but, just to let you know, if I would be there with you tonight, I would be standing right behind you and I'll finally hold you tight. I'll never let go until you say so."

The video faded to black.

"I told you not to laugh." A familiar voice spoke behind me.

I stood up, alert to have heard him.

I turned slowly, making sure this isn't a dream.

And there he was.

Danny.

I tried to blink away my tears but end up rolling them down my cheeks. "You're back," I said as I wiped my cheeks with the back of my hand.

He pulled me into his chest. "I am back," his chest vibrated. "And I'm going to make sure you're okay again."

Suddenly, everything felt so far behind and the only thing that matters now is what's in front of me.