Chapter 1

Kizzie swiveled her head around, swishing her hair to my face before she stalked off. People gave way to the "Queen of Mean" like the Red Sea when Moses raised his staff.

Great. Now that Kizzie's gone, all eyes are on us.

"Are you okay?" Danny asked.

My eyes trailed after Kizzie until she disappeared to a corner. I turned to Danny and met his eyes that were just inches from mine. I nodded in silence.

I guess the people also sensed that they have nothing else to watch here, they began to spread, returning to their own businesses.

We stared into each other for a moment before he released my hand.

"You look...different," he said, his expression was indecipherable.

"Is that bad a thing?"

He shook his head, a smile starting from the corner of his lips. "I like it."

I returned his smile. "I..." I jutted my thumb to Kizzie's direction. "I gotta...you know, uhm...locker."

His face broke to a grin. "Right. Of course." He nodded, head down then, he looked up. "Should I see you later?"

I nodded.

And with that, we parted ways. We went to opposite directions but our eyes never left each other's sight until we vanished among the crowd.

I stopped in front of my locker and sighed. I got my book for Math class and shut the metal door close.

"So!" Cheska piped up from behind my locker door which made me jump a mile, luring me out of the heart-fluttering momentum that has just happened minutes ago. "You and my brother, huh?" she said teasingly.

"How come you never told us, Sandy?" Katie appeared from the other side of my locker and sounded as though a prey catching its predator.

Jessica and Lexi came behind Katie and Cheska respectively, hand on their hip.

"Okay, okay. You got me." I raised my hands up in surrender, my Math book clipped to my right fingers. I clutched it tightly to my chest and smiled at them apologetically. "I'll tell you everything later after school. Ask me anything you want."

Cheska crossed her arms and made an angry face before answering, "Fine."