Unwelcome Anxieties

"My brother's actions don't seem to ever have value." Elijah interjected.
"That is right, Elijah but what is it that you want from me?" answered Astraea, a witch who no longer associated with her own due to the subjection of who she had become. 
"I want you to protect the girl my brother has found interest in. In exchange I will offer you my own form of protection which is by far - impenetrable." Elijah smirked.

"And if I do this, protect this girl who I could care less about; you will protect me. I'm not dumb Elijah if this is one of your duplicitous schemes I swear I will reign hell over you." Astraea threatened coldly.
"I am a man of my word. I will protect you, hell and all." Elijah stated.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Why did you ask me where I was last night?" Hayley asked Rebekah who was sitting in one of the common areas flipping through a magazine.

"Because I was worried Marcel and his men had gotten to you, after we fought." answered Rebekah

"Why would he come for me?"  Hayley questioned further.
"Because Hayley, as long as you have that bun in your oven, you are a target for the rest of mine and my family's enemies. And trust me love, there are many. My job is protect you and your darling child." Rebekah explained dryly.

"Well I guess I'm lucky then, as long as I am in the family way." Hayley muttered shocked that Rebekah could care that much for someone she barely knew. It seemed as though she was appreciated by the ancient family of vampires.

"And what makes you feel like you won't be in "the family way"when our child is born?" Klaus interjected peering in from his study.
"I don't know, I'm just nervous about being a mother...." Hayley trailed off avoiding eye contact. Resisting the urge to let  the rest of her thought come out.

" to my child." Klaus finished her sentence with kindred fear in his own eyes.

It seemed as they were more than just kindred spirits.