Tokyo 1989 Continued

THis is a continuation from part 17. Please read this again to refresh your memory 

Tokyo 1989 – continued

When he opened the door to her prompt 5pm arrival, Keiko surprised the hell out of him, and she knew it. She smiled coquettishly at him with her head slightly to one side and observed his eyes as they took all of her in. She was dressed in a skin tight all black cat suit of a material he could not place. It was shiny but matt looking depending on which of the lights behind him landed on her. Where it remained in his shadow it looked like there was nothing there at all.

It clung to her as if it was her own flesh and every feature of her torso was revealed in stark detail. It gave him pause and he spluttered his words, “Well, well, well Keiko, are you a sight for sore eyes or what? She said nothing but simply reached out, took hold of his hand took his arm and pulled him gently through the doorway and into the corridor, letting the door swing shut with a locking click, which only hotel doors seem to do.

He was acutely aware of her body as it moved against his upper arm. There was not a soft part of her and she seemed to be hard muscle and ribcage. Hear breasts had been flattened under whatever this strange material was and he was tempted to comment on this. He kept quiet however and allowed himself to be led through the lobby and out to the waiting car.

Once more he was surprised by the transport waiting for them. It too was pure deep black, so black that in the evening light it shimmered almost a gun metal blue. It reflected both their faces in the blacked out window and their bodies in the door facing them. Catching sight of her again front on still gave him a jolt. He had seen her undress and dress just eighteen or so hours ago, but he had not noticed how taught and fit she was. This clothing let it be known that this person was toned and tuned like a premier athlete.

Before they could open the door, it did so of its own accord and Keiko bowed and said “Dozo, Douglas san,” gesturing for him to enter first. Without another word she went round behind the vehicle and entered through the other door, barking an unintelligible command to the driver as the door closed behind her.

People in the Okura compound stopped and stared at this car as it passed them with several taking speedy snapshots of it before it sped away into the now dusk and flickering lights of the Tokyo early evening.

Total silence ensued. Neither of them felt the need to break it. The comfort level between them was higher than he expected after such a short acquaintance and he figured that last night had cemented a growing relationship based in mutual respect.

He thought back to the early hours of this morning and the group of people she had introduced him to. He had seen, no, actually felt the awe and respect they had shown to Keiko’s father and he reflected that he had never come across it before in a company of bankers - for he was sure that is what they were.

The lights and sights of the Ginza District passed outside and he watched the people mingle, merge and navigate the crowded streets. The shops, bars and restaurants were still open and would be late into the night. This was an affluent and busy District and home to the largest of the Japanese super stores and many of the finest restaurants in the entire city. His stomach let him know it would relish stopping right now and enjoying some fine sushi. He could almost smell and taste the wasabi and soy sauce. “God I’d kill for an ice cold Sapporo beer right now,” he thought to himself and he grinned.

Keiko caught this and slapped him playfully saying, “Beer later Douglas san. First you will meet my father and his staff.” He was surprised again. “She’s read my fucking mind,” he thought to himself and grinned even more.

“Not far now Douglas san,” Keiko said and barked another command to the driver who nodded his head and the windows became opaque so that the outside world vanished as if by magic. She could no longer surprise him and he just took a deep breath and muttered under his breath, “Ah well here we go again.”