Israel 1982 & Scotland 1959

Tel Aviv, Israel - April 1982

She felt like she was going to pass out. The orgasm was nearly there. Nearly… but not quite.

She was lost in the moment, right up until she exploded and felt the hot warm liquid cover her groin, legs and his industrious head. Her hands too were covered with moisture as they gripped his hair and continued to push him into her. She thought, “My God, I’ve pissed myself,” and she allowed herself to laugh inwardly at the thought.

Awareness and reality crept back slowly as she began to sense but not yet feel – that ‘the Egyptian’, as she playfully called him, had stopped moving. More, his head now felt like a dead weight against her pubic bone.

“C’mon Ali, move you bastard. It’s your turn now and I want the fucking light on as well.” And she raised herself up and clicked the switch on the table to her left.

Instantly she wished she had not. The blood on her hands and now down her breasts and torso led her eyes down to Ali’s head between her legs. It looked to her like he had drowned in her blood. Except it was not her blood  - it was his own. His eyes were open and he was smiling, but he was dead, warm, happy but dead.

She looked up.

The Browning 9mm was aimed directly between her breasts for a heart shot, but the black eyes in the balaclava covered head were not looking at her breasts. They were fixed on her own wide eyed emerald gaze.

The recognition came to both the target and the assassin simultaneously.

And she, the First Secretary of the Tel Aviv Embassy passed out...

Coatbridge, Lanarkshire - Christmas 1959

Lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence doth come my aid …

The Psalm was uppermost in his mind or so he thought.

He was singing his heart out. The words filled his mind with images of the mountains of Scotland and God’s protection of his forefathers. Nothing to do with religion. Pure fantasy to him.

When the girl sitting next to him in the choir pews sneaked her hand in his and then pressed it firmly into her lap his head spun and he saw stars in his eyes. The feeling coming over him was like nothing he had experienced before and he could not even recognize it for what it was – he was on the edge of fainting. Tingling in his groin and stomach and chest and his face felt like it was red hot.

 He felt lightheaded and excited – and he had no idea what was coming next, for he peed himself right there and then!

“My God” he thought. “What ah’ma goanie do here”?

She hadn’t noticed but he saw that her wee face was flushed and she was singing in that voice of hers that could lift the mountains themselves, never mind look up at them.

“Ah’ll jist sit here quiet,” he decided “let it dry into the old trews an’ by the time we’re done it’ll be no problem.”

The first orgasm he had conscious cognizance of had just imprinted itself on his soul! In JacksonParishChurch of all places as well.

The minister Reverend Johnson was their regular school preacher, and this the final week of the school Christmas term saw them gathered in the sandalwood and cinnamon scented area reserved for the choir.