Departure from Tel Aviv - April 1982

This is a continuation from Part 16, so you may want to visit this again to refresh your memory J

Escape from Tel Aviv – April 1982

Shona finished peeing and glanced up again into his eyes as she wiped herself and knew he was taking her all in now in a way that was entirely different than moments before. She was conscious of his eyes – always those dark all consuming eyes – roaming freely over her. This boy she loved as a little girl had just killed her lover, was now absorbing her and she was perversely enjoying the thought.

“Get up and get into the fucking shower,” was all he said though. “And don’t be long either. Get the blood off ye and that will be enough,” he continued, dropping all pretence now and reverting to the tones of the Scottish lowlands.

“We need to be out o’ here right away, and when yer done wi the shower wrap a sheet around ye and nothing more. I have casual clothes for ye in the plane.” Inside he was conflicted, he had a job to complete, but damn it why did it have to be her, he thought.

As she washed the remnants of Ali from her body she thought to herself, “Plane, what plane? He’s out of his mind. I’m the First Secretary of this Embassy here,” and she said, “Bill, you’ve just killed a very close friend of mine, a diplomat of some distinction here, and I don’t think you have any concept of the backlash there’s gonna be when news of this breaks. I don’t think I can come with you.”

For the first time she saw a flicker of a smile cross his eyes and as he walked to wards her she made no attempt to cover herself and in fact turned to face him in an open inviting way. “This could be interesting,” flickered through her mind, but not for long.

He smacked her hard to the side of her neck behind her ear, sending her into unconsciousness immediately. As she slumped he caught her in one arm, slung her over his shoulder, carried her out to the other available bed and threw her down flat on her back.

The irony of the sight was not lost on him, but he grabbed a sheet off the other bed and quickly rolled her up in it. As he did this with the unavoidable touching of her skin, he was unable to help his mind sliding back to the Church in Scotland and the first holding of hands.  Electricity once more sparked through his body with auto response unavoidable.

He gave himself a mental kick in the backside and said to himself, “No time for that the now,” and he smiled to himself. His total concentration was on getting them out by way of the prepared fire escape, into the car and gone into the night to his waiting aircraft.

The early hours Tel Aviv at two in the morning was no different than usual. The place really never slept and kept to its reputation as the party town of Israel. He seldom visited the city, but noticed on each occasion that the locals were constantly in a state of abandon and seemingly reckless enjoyment. At least the teens and young 20’s crowd were out to all hours. The street parties spilling out of the bars were only just getting started

Tonight only differed from the norm in that there was a very fast, very sleek Audi Quattro pushing the boundaries of safety with its aggressive progress through the downtown area.

Shona remained comatose in the trunk, no noise or movement there and he thought, “She’s not gonna be best pleased wi’ that accommodation. But needs must,” he mused. “She is feisty and well trained and she’d started to resist and question my orders. God though, she’s fucking beautiful.” And images of the naked vulnerable girl drifted through his subconscious. He couldn’t help himself. His mind normally so focused was fighting him and drifting back to Paris and Cannes and the first time they had skinny dipped together as kids near St Tropez. Hard hearted though he was, he allowed himself a pang of guilt over the treatment he’d used to sedate her.