Chapter 14

Song for the Chapter: 'Spaces' by One Direction.

'Who's going to be the first to compromise?'

LEIGH'S P.O.V.

I froze as I heard the word's come out of Harry's mouth. But before I could even argue about it, he walks out and slams the door behind him. I don't think I was planning to say anything in the first place.

I take in the girl's appearance. Sarah, I think. Her hair black, her eyes blue and I can tell that she's either embarrassed or disappointed, maybe both. Then I look at Zayn, who's staring back at Sarah in disbelief. "Leigh-Anne?" Sarah speaks, more like a question than a statement. I know where she's getting at. She's going to explain what really happened. But she doesn't need to. I know exactly what happened. Harry lied. I guess it's out of anger, or maybe to cause me some sort of pain, to cause Zayn some pain. His words stung. More than a bee's sting could.

I have every reason to believe every damn word that came out of his mouth. Hell, even he has every reason to believe his lies. I see right through him. Like an open book that I threw down myself, but the question is, do I keep reading, or not? This is just too much. It's been like a week and I'm already drowning in his lies. But what worries me is that, he lies to make the situation worse, not better. And I really want to know, does he do this to every girl, or only me?

"You don't have to explain anything to me. Zayn needs it more than I do." I smile and her eyes fall back on Zayn who's still very much confused. "Zayn." She begins but he cuts her off. "I know you won't do that Sarah, but I also know Harry has a habit of constantly fucking with me." Damn, right now, I'm not sure who's more pissed at Harry, Sarah, Zayn or I. And I'll pay big money that it isn't me.

I leave the two of them to sort out the issue and walk over to the bar. I could really use a drink right about now. The bar is more or less empty except one girl, which I recognize. Macy. I tell the bar tender what drink of my choice and wait.

"Macy, right?" I ask and she turns her body to face me. "Ah, yes, whore." She talks in a thick British accent. I'm so not in her mood right now. "Don't take it personal." She laughs it off once she realize my disgust and I laugh too. I guess I'll take her word for it although I shouldn't and honesty, I don't care. "Drinking alone?" I ask her and she chuckles. "You too." Well, I guess we're the same. A little. "But it isn't my birthday." I argue and she sighs. "Boy trouble." That seems to be the main problem for every girl tonight. Except Melani, I can see her sucking tongue with some guy in the corner. "Tell me about it." I laugh.

Macy is now staring at me and I swear if she doesn't speak really soon, this is going to get really creepy. "Harry." Is all she says. But after a long pause, she speaks again. "He's had a rough past, he's broken, and he's going to treat you like shit, but he thinks you're amazing." She tells me and I sigh. I doubt it. I don't think it's possible. "How do you know?" I question. I have to know. "By the way he stares at you. The first day, he couldn't stop staring at you, and I could tell, because it's the same way he used to look at me." Her voice breaks and there's a lump in my throat. "He finds it hard to trust, but you have to give him a reason to. What we had is over, but you two are just beginning, and it starts with the little things, like who's going to be the first to compromise." She rambles on and I'm silently thanking her. "He's lost, and he keeps everything hidden, but still, he came here with you. He might not even know this, but I do, I know him."

I think she's finally finishing speaking. "Thank you." I praise her. "You're welcome, whore." She smiles and I do too. "What about your problem?" I ask her and she looks a bit hesitant before answering. "I don't know if he likes me when we're sober." She pouts. "I asked him to dance a while back and he rejected me." I look around the room before answering. "He likes you." I inform her and she watches me confused. "How do you know?" she asks. "Because, if he didn't, he would have been with someone else instead of sitting by the table all alone." She then looks at him and smile. "I guess so and his name is Liam." She actually listened to my shit theory. I like her. "And, he probably just can't dance." I tell her and she laughs. I then get up.