Outtake from Chapters 44 & 45: Edward's POV

Outtakes from Chapters 44 & 45 of Pinned but Fluttering

Edward’s Point of View

     As Esme and Carlisle led the way back to the house so that we could greet Tanya and our extended family, I gazed down at Isabella and allowed all the love I felt for her to shine through my eyes. Carlisle’s words of love and acceptance to my Isabella had warmed me, and the softness in her eyes entranced me.

     As our glances met and melded, all thought of Esme, Carlisle, and the Denalis faded, and Isabella was the only one on my mind. My pride and love for her was boundless, eternal. My heart thrilled as our souls spoke the words of love that our lips did not need to.

     For decades I had considered myself a monster, soulless and heartless. Only with Isabella’s entrance into my lonely life did bitterness flee, and acceptance, followed speedily by an all-encompassing joy, took its place.

     For how could I possibly think that my Isabella was without a heart or soul?

     Despite all the horrors of her human life, her heart was open and expansive in its ability to love my family…and to love me.

     As I gazed upon my beloved, I rejoiced at the new strength and joy that flowed from her crimson eyes into my very soul. For although she loved me, Isabella been unable to fully accept that I adored her just as completely in return.

     Until now.

     Exultant, I opened my arms to her, and Isabella flew to me, embracing me and…kissing me. Surprised by her passion, I couldn’t move for a moment, but before thought caught up with action, my arms trapped her form against my chest and my lips returned her kiss with enthusiasm. Tentatively my tongue caressed her closed lips; when she parted them, I tasted her for the first time, our kiss slow and deep and passionate.

     As I pulled her body completely flush with mine, we continued to kiss, our lips moving hungrily, our tongues twisting and twining deliciously. As my hands explored her back, she buried her delicate fingers in my hair; I stifled a growl of pleasure at the sensation as my eyes rolled back into my head in sheer ecstasy.

     So deeply involved were we in our mutual passion, that neither of us noticed the vampire approaching us until she cleared her throat rudely.

     I groaned internally; I knew that sound all too well. It was quite incredible that two very…involved…vampires neglected to hear Tanya walking up the gravel path, and she was not pleased by our, uh, inattention…to say the very least.   

     I must have paused for a moment, distracted by Tanya’s annoyed and jealous thoughts, but as Bella’s lips recaptured mine, Tanya’s mind and presence was banished from my mind. Her impatient sighs made no impact upon either Isabella or myself as we continued to kiss…exactly like the teenagers we were.

     “Do we need a garden hose to separate you two?” Tanya growled, obviously angered by our display.

     Stifling my sigh of annoyance, I broke our kiss at long last. But I refused to even glance at Tanya; my eyes were fixed on the beautiful woman in my arms, the woman who was everything to me.

     Once again, Tanya’s presence was forgotten as I gently brushed a strand of mahogany hair from Isabella’s lovely face. But beneath my hands I felt Isabella tense as she became more aware of Tanya’s frustration and anger.

     I tried to calm Isabella with the warmth of my gaze alone, but I could see the struggle in her eyes; she was ready to turn on Tanya and take her out. Now.