Epilogue

Epilogue

365 Days Later….

            Both of us were breathing unnecessarily heavily as I rolled atop my husband, dragging my tongue suggestively across his delectable lips.

            “Again, my love?” Edward asked me, grinning cheekily, his eyes darkening.

            “Of course,” I murmured, tossing my hair over my shoulder as I leaned down to kiss his Adam’s apple, and then lick the delicious hollow at the base of his throat. “Is there another way that you would like to celebrate our first anniversary?”

            “Mmmmm,” was his only response as he flipped me onto my back and proceeded to make love with me for the sixth time since nightfall, the clouded dawn illuminating the eastern windows of our cottage.

            An hour later I curled against his side, burrowing my face against his chest as he kissed the top of my head. “Insatiable,” I commented as he ran his fingers through my long tresses.

            The vibrations of his deep chuckle against my cheek made me smile. “I’m not the only insatiable one, love,” he reminded me slyly.

            I turned my head so that I could see his face, my chin digging into his chest. “And you love it.”

            “Oh, I do,” Edward agreed, leaning forward to kiss me. “Believe me, I do.”

            I sighed happily. “I felt such a thrill when you spoke those same words to me exactly a year ago last night.”

            “You mean ’I do?’” he asked.

            “Yes. Those two simple words changed my life and brought us this amazing year.”

            “I remember the look in your eyes when you vowed the same words to me,” he said softly, kissing my nose, then my forehead. “At the time, I thought that moment was the pinnacle of my happiness.”

            “And was it?” I asked curiously.

            “Actually, no. Every day I’ve spent with you since our wedding has been the happiest day of my life,” he stated quietly.

            “Really?” I asked, wanting to hear him affirm once again what I already knew.

            “Really.”

            “Well, I think that calls for more celebrating,” I murmured as I kissed him, our passion growing again as hands began to wander and explore and our bodies melded gracefully into one again…and again….

            Several hours later as we curled into each other’s arms, sated for a few moments, our romantic anniversary interlude was interrupted by the chirp of Edward’s cell…which he blatantly ignored.

            “Are you going to check that?” I asked languidly, kissing the back of his hand as I clasped it in my own.

            “No. Ten to one it’s my pixie of a sister, wanting to celebrate our anniversary,” he groaned, flipping me over quickly so that he was atop me in the most delicious of ways. “I’d rather continue celebrating our way.”

            I couldn’t help laughing. Despite the way that our family complained about Rosalie and Emmett being difficult to live with during their first decade of married bliss, I knew that they considered Edward and me as far worse, a feat that brought a grin of pride to Edward’s beautiful face despite all the teasing his brothers (and even Carlisle, from time to time) subjected him to.