12; You Again?

Context: Human AU. Childhood friends unintentionally reuniting.

Word Count: 3,000

_____

Anthony walked into his newly assigned dorm-room and dropped his bags onto the empty bed. He noticed the bathroom door was closed, with the light on inside and assumed his new roommate was in there. Curiosity got the better of him and he glanced over at the stranger's bags. They all had a little tag somewhere which read "If lost, please contact A. Z. Fell", followed by an email address and a phone number. Anthony stared at that name for a while, knowing he recognized it from somewhere. He decided to shut the door and go back to his side of the room. The slam from the door caused the stranger in the bathroom to speak up.

"Who's there?" He called.

Anthony didn't say his name on purpose, leaving that for when he saw the young man's face. "Your new roommate." He said simply.

The other man opened the door, short blond hair and bright blue eyes were the first things Anthony focused on. He noticed his height, just a few inches less than Anthony, and then his sense of style: khakis, brown shoes, long-sleeved baby-blue shirt and a tartan sweater vest. Round, white-rimmed glasses rested on the tip of his nose before he pushed them back up. Quite the contrast from what Anthony was wearing, which were ripped black skinny jeans, steel-toed black boots and a red shirt with Queen's logo. He still had his black sunglasses on and his long red hair was tied into a ponytail, save for two strands which he left on the side of his face to act as bangs.

The shorter smiled for half a second, walking out to greet him properly. "Oh, hello. I was just organizing some of my toiletries, I didn't expect you until much later. At least, that's what the person from admissions told me." Rambled the blond.

Anthony nodded, staring at him but getting away with it thanks to his shades. Yes, the young lad in front of him seemed very familiar but he wasn't quite sure why.

He then realized he hadn't said anything else and figured he should keep the conversation going. "Yeah, I thought I was gonna be late too. Flight was delayed. It actually wasn't, there was just an error in the departure board so, I made it here like originally scheduled. Just forgot to notify the bloke from admissions when I got the right info... So, where are you from?" He asked, shoving his hands deep in his pockets. Well, as deep as they could go in skinny jeans.

"London. You?"

"Tadfield."

The blue-eyed young man smiled warmly at the mention of that village. "Really? You know, I used to live there when I was much younger. It's been ages since I've thought about that place. Does it still snow a lot during the winter these days? Everything used to get completely quilted in white, it was rather lovely. Although, I remember it used to get dreadfully cold some years. Oh! One time, I even saw a poor little grey duckling who got out of the water and had an icicle-"

"-Hanging from its tail as it waddled towards the bridge..." Anthony finished the thought for him, jaw going a bit slack.

When he didn't respond to this, Anthony took off his sunglasses, revealing his hazel eyes. "Az?" He finally asked.

The other's eyes suddenly went from squinting, to almost bulging out of his skull. He tilted his head slightly while he looked at the taller's features. He knew there was only one person who called him that. "Anthony? Anthony Jay Crowley?"

"Yes!" He exclaimed before a grin took over his face.

Anthony Jay Crowley and Adriel Zachary Fell "met" when they were just 3 years old. At least, that's when they started remembering each other. Their mothers had been doing little play-dates for them since they were babies, and it was always convenient since they were neighbors. Adriel always referred to Anthony by his first name, while Anthony called Adriel "Az" because of the initials "A. Z." and (mostly) because he thought it sounded cool.