26; Was It Worth It?

Context: It dawned on me that I had not written anything that takes place immediately after the Blitz scene from the show after seeing a specific piece of fan art from "tatumitori" on Twitter and my mind started running.

(Also, just go along with the logic presented. I just needed some excuse for them to cuddle.)

Aziraphale invites Crowley into the bookshop after his 1941 rescue. He may not be able to say 'thank you', but he can help him.

Word Count: 3,000

_____

Though Crowley wouldn't admit it, he was in a considerable amount of pain because of his little walk down the aisle. But really, what else was he supposed to do? The angel, his angel, needed him. Even if they had parted ways on not-so-great terms last century, they were still friends, and Crowley wasn't about to let him get killed by a bunch of stupid nazis. So what if he looked like a cartoon, hopping around all over the place? He needed to make sure Aziraphale was safe! And now he was, sitting in the passenger's side of the Bentley.

The ride to the bookshop had been incredibly silent and Crowley didn't know if that was a good thing or not. He wondered if Aziraphale was still upset with him. Maybe he had overreacted that day at St. James. Maybe they would've spoken before now, had that argument not happened. Maybe-

"Crowley?"

The demon snapped back to reality and looked at Aziraphale, who was staring at him. It seems they had been parked in front of the shop for longer than he thought, because the angel looked concerned.

"Are you alright?" He asked softly.

Crowley shook his head before nodding. "Yeah, fine. Just... dazed from having to divert that bomb." He said unconvincingly, though the blond didn't seem to notice or care to mention it.

"I imagine that was quite a strong miracle..."

"Yup..." Said the demon, popping the 'p' very loudly. 

There was a pause just as Aziraphale reached for the door of the Bentley. He turned towards him again, his eyes practically pleading with him. "Would you like to come in? I've got some wine I'm sure you'd love."

"...Sure. It's been a while."

"It'll be nice to catch up." Replied the angel with a smile before exiting the vehicle.

"Hmm." Hummed Crowley with a nod and he followed the him out the car. But not before he hissed out in pain as soon as he put more pressure on his first foot. He jumped a bit, just like in the church, but leaned up against the car when he realized both feet hurt just as bad.

"Oh, dear. I thought you had miracle'd away the pain."

"Can't." Grunted Crowley, looking down at his shoes.

"Why not?"

"Don't know. Been trying to this whole time. It eased up a bit after the church crumbled, but it came back as I was walking towards the car."

"Do you need any help?"

"Nah, I can manage. Just give me a minute." He said before taking a deep breath and putting pressure on his feet again. This time, he balanced himself the sides of his feet, rather than the soles. He knew he looked ridiculous, but no one else was around, and it worked a bit. So, he waddled his way over to the bookshop's entrance, hopped up the steps and walked in once the angel unlocked the door. He insisted he was fine, all the way to the back room, just as he threw himself onto the couch.