14; Wedding Bells & Brides From Hell

Context: Human AU. Aziraphale is a wedding planner, Crowley owns a catering business and they first meet while working at the wedding of Anathema Device and Newton Pulsifer.

Word Count: 5,400

_____

The phone rang, and Aziraphale sprinted toward it, while also balancing a centerpiece in his arms. He made sure to place it down gently to avoid having the crystal base shatter into a million pieces. The caller ID read "Heavenly Flowers (Michael Archer)" and Aziraphale hummed, not expecting their call.

"A. Z. Fell Weddings & Special Events, A. Z. Fell speaking." He answered.

A frantic voice replied on the other end of the line. "Aziraphale, thank goodness! It's Michael."

"Yes dear, I recognize your voice, what's happened?"

"Call that bride of yours and see if she can change the flower choice, we don't have any white roses." They said.

Aziraphale had never looked so scandalized while on the phone, not even when his last partner broke up with him. "What do you mean you don't have white roses?!"

"My idiot brother." Said the florist.

"Which one?" He asked, dreading the answer.

Michael groaned. "Gabriel. He forgot and didn't place the order when you asked for them. I called to see where the Heaven the shipment was and do you know what they told me?"

"I'm afraid to ask." By now Aziraphale had put his call on speaker and was leaning against his table, rubbing his temples. 

"They said it would be arriving by Monday. As in two days after the bloody wedding! Know what? From now on, if I'm not placing the orders, Uriel or Sandy will do it. I'm going to kill Gabriel!"

"Not of I do it first!" Yelled Aziraphale, pinching the bridge of his nose so hard that his nail had left a crescent-shaped mark on it. And then he heard a very distinct beeping in his ear. "Micheal, I'll call you back, she's on the other line."

The blond could hear them wince over the phone. "Good luck." They said, before hanging up.

As it turned out, the man wouldn't need luck at all with the flowers, because his client actually wanted to change the color-scheme to have the ceremony be more colorful, instead of being a pristine white. Something about seeing her future mother-in-law's wedding album and being horrified that it was the exact vision she had for her's, but she hated how it looked in pictures. Luckily, she wasn't too specific with her new choice of flowers: anything as long as it looked tropical and colorful, and paying extra was no issue.

Anathema Device was, without a doubt, Aziraphale's most indecisive client to date. Throughout all the planning, she would pick something, overthink her choice several times, and would go back to her original selection whenever her fiancé, Newton Pulsifer, would give them a suggestion. She may love him, but Anathema had decided very early on in this relationship that Newton (and his whole family, judging by what happened with the wedding album) had awful tastes when it came to decorations. Thankfully, Newton seemed to be aware of this and agreed with her. He would mainly pipe up when she was taking too long and wanted to help Aziraphale speed up the process.

The Pulsifer-Device affair had been in the works for over a year and now that it was so close, Anathema was more nervous than before. It was a real mix of anxiety and excitement. Once the day finally came, the bride was practically bouncing off the walls when she wasn't hovering over Aziraphale's shoulder. Things grew uncharacteristically quiet once the caterers arrived and Aziraphale wondered why. The answer to this was that the chef in charge, who also happened to be a good friend of her's, was now the one trying to calm her down and help her with whatever crisis she was going through.