Christmas • Shindou Takuto x Kirino Ranmaru

Christmas Time

Ranmaru Shindou shook his head gently as flakes of pure white snow landed on his bright carnation colored hair. A warm hand quickly brushed off the remaining snow. Ranmaru blushed slightly as the said hand slid down to rest on his cheek. A sudden puff off warm breath on his bare neck startled him, and he jumped slightly in surprise.

A soft, loving laugh came from the owner of the hand and the one who had startled Ranmaru. Ranmaru turned towards the source of the laugh. His eyes landed on a man with curly brown hair and sparkling brown eyes. He huffed in irritation at the man. The man only laughed in return.

"Don't be upset, Ranmaru. It was only a joke," the brown haired man smiled.

"Can you at least try to be mature, Takuto? You're, what, twenty-five years old, now?" Ranmaru glared, annoyed at his lover.

"Why would I do that?" Takuto murmured as he pulled Ranmaru into his arms, "besides, you know you love it."

Ranmaru blushed profusely at his statement, "I do not!"

Takuto only pulled him closer and let his hand drift down towards his lover's chest. "Is that so? Then why were you so defensive about it?"

"I-I wasn't being defensive! You were just saying untrue things about me!"

Takuto chuckled slightly and lowered his hands farther to Ranmaru's swollen abdomen. "You really should relax. After all, stress isn't good for you or the little one."

Ranmaru froze at the mention of their unborn child. He knew stress was bad for the child, but he couldn't help being frustrated with his husband's childish antics. His arms lifted from his sides and rose to rest on his rounded stomach.

Takuto's arms moved to mimic his own. His strong arms wrapped around his abdomen comfortingly, "Come on, then. We have a party to get to!"

Together, they resumed walking towards the mansion that belonged to Takuto's parents. It was to be the location for the reunion and Christmas party for the players on Raimon's soccer team eleven years ago. So far, all of the members made plans to attend, and, to Takuto and Ranmaru's knowledge, no one had canceled.

The party was not only to exchange Christmas pleasantries, but to share important news with close friends. The Takuto and Ranmaru Shindou had shared the news of their engagement and wedding plans at the very same party three years ago, but now, they had even more important news to share. Some of their friends, such as Tenma and Kyousuke, had known for months, but the others still had no idea that Ranmaru had conceived and was eight months pregnant with their first child. They were not the only ones with news of an expanding family, though, because Tenma and Kyousuke were also expecting a new child soon, and, of course, Ranmaru and Takuto had been some of the first people Tenma and Kyousuke had given the news to.

The realization of becoming parents had been daunting at first, but now, with only one more month until the child's birth, the responsibilities of parenthood had been fully accepted by the couple. At first, the idea of raising and nurturing a child had been terrifying to Ranmaru, seeing as he would be expected to fill the role of the mother, but now he was anxiously awaiting the birth of their child and raising the infant that was currently growing inside him.

Takuto grasped his hand firmly as he gently pulled Ranmaru along. The mansion was close, yet at their current speed, they could have easily spent another twenty or so minutes out in the snow.

Ranmaru smiled briefly as his lover hastily tugged him towards the mansion. He quickly matched Takuto's pace and was soon walking beside him. Then, Takuto stopped suddenly and pulled his husband into his arms, carrying him bridal style.