His and Her Point of View

Bernard Girikinan x Reader

★☆★

It's just one-sided and obviously on your part.

★☆★

[Her Point of View]

“Hey Bernard!” You called as he spotted him sitting on a bench on the park. You actually called him there since you personally want to deliver your valentines gift for him.

“Sorry I'm late,” you smiled as you lightly grope the gift behind you. The gift actually contains letters, chocolates, and a mug you personally painted. But instead of saying it came from you, you'll lie and tell him that someone you know got it for him. After all, you're not really confident giving him the present.

“Come on, what is this all about? We still have loads of work to do,” You just smiled on his complaint and handed the gift. “...What's this?”

“It's a gift... from me, I mean, from someone close to me. She told me to deliver it to you.”

Opening the gift, you saw him glaring at the heart shaped letters. Uh, is he alright? That's weird. But what really surprised you is when he closed the box and threw it to the bin.

You felt your heart shatter just like the mug you personally design.

“W-Why did you threw the present? The giver could be upset if she knew it, you know?” Despite your throat getting sore, you tried to fight back your tears. There's must be some meaning why he threw them, a trauma or something like that. There's no way he--

“Why you ask? It's just a trash and trash are meant to be thrown.” Now that totally teared you apart. Yes, he is sometimes cold but to this extent... He didn't even tasted the chocolate or read the letter yet. That's so cruel...!

“Come on now, [Name]. Time is running. We shouldn't waste any more-- [Name]? What's wrong?” He asked as he noticed that you weren't following him back.

You went to the bin where he threw the present and picked it up. You turned your back to him so he'll not notice you tearing up. “Uh, I-I'll just return this to her so it will not become a waste...” Then you walked.

“Hey, [Name]!”

It's just... Maybe he really don't like you. It's just one-sided and obviously on your part.

[His Point of View]

“What? Settle it now! The restaurant need to be booked by this noon or you won't get any salary this month.” He hung as he slammed his hand on the table. He was about to surprise you on a date tonight since it's Valentine's and everything must be perfect before the dusk arrive. You see, he's very meticulous about things and then date is not an exception. Everything must be prepared well.

Moments later, his phone vibrated. As he picked it up, he noticed the message came from you. Well, he was quite surprised that you took the initiative to chat him this time.

“Hey, can we meet in the park at 9:30?”

It made him smile seeing you inviting him. Well of course, it was the first time you did that. So, it seems that he should prepare for it as well. But if he wanted to make things perfect, he need to organize himself in less than twenty minutes.

He took a quick shower and chose his semi-formal suit so it'll look like he just got off his office. Deciding he's done, he took of and waited at the park.

“Hey, Bernard!” He heard you called. He also noticed that you were holding something behind your back but he didn't want to spoil what it is.

He was delighted as he received the present, not until you said it came from other girl. Of course, it made him furious. He arranged himself for you just to give him a gift that didn't even came from you? No way! Whoever this girl is, she just ruined his almost perfect plan and he hate her.

In the result of his fury, he threw the gift and called it trash. What? It deserves to be thrown since the girl's so daring that she even made you deliver it to him. Not to mention the lame cards and the bad packaged chocolates, even the poor designed mug!

“Come on now, [Name]. Time is running. We shouldn't waste any more-- [Name]? What's wrong?” He asked when he noticed you picking the present. From his point of view, it's odd. Well yeah, picking up something from trash bin is something that people rarely do. Not that you're weird but women mindset are really different from men.

You also seemed upset as you left him. Should you be crying in that girl's place? Come on, you should be thanking him that he pushed away someone that will be a hindrance to the two of you.

When he got back to the office, he got a message that everything for the date is set. That made him smile and even motivated him to try his hardest to please you on the dinner tonight.

Hours later, the restaurant was fully book and the scenery's just wow. He even paid thousands of dollars just to make this date perfect but there is one gap, you. Long after he texted you and even called, you never picked up. At first, he thought that you were just busy but soon, he noticed that you don't really pick up your phone.

Time passed and you never came. The crews of the restaurant were also expecting you since the man paid a fortune just for the night. But you seemed not really coming.

“Sir, what shall we do? Your date seems to to be attending,”

“...Share it to every crew of this place and invite some beggars in.” With that he left, upset that you didn't even bothered replying to his texts and refusing his calls.

Maybe, you really don't like him so instead of direct way, you avoided him. One-sided love, funny. Now, he knows the feeling of being rejected indirectly.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Two days in a row update! I'm just making up for the months I wasn't able update. Thank you guys for the 30k reads!