Preparing

Hey y'all! Hope y'all enjoy the chapter and have a great week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dragons were grouped together in fours. Each quadrant would be collecting different items and preparing for the attack. After conferring with Queen Glacier, Glory and the other dragonets had a main focus point to search.

Soon after the meeting, Glory had sent out a search party the the area. Sure enough, the dragons had come back positive and were sure that Deathbringer was being held there. Now that they had a location, Glory had sent off each of her friends to do a different role in preparing for the attack.

Tsunami had been sent to train RainWings and NightWings alike. Clay was in charge of packing medicines and preparing for injuries. Sunny and Starflight were counting out sleeping darts and planning strategies. And Glory was surveying everything. Of course, that wasn't all she was doing.

Glory had taken to writing special scrolls just in case. One for each of the dragonets, the tribe and, of course, Deathbringer. Now, these letters were only to be made after Glory's death, if it were to happen. Luckily, she knew Deathbringer would rather die, even injured, than let Glory be harmed so the chances of either of them dying was small. Injuries might be sustained but Glory didn't think anything could be worse than having a permanent limp for life.

Although she was worried for Deathbringer's safety, Glory was also worried for her friend's. Starflight and Sunny had no natural defenses other than fire and Starlight couldn't see to aim. Tsunami would be ready to throw herself into an unfair fight just to protect her friends and Clay would sacrifice his life to save them. If anything, Glory should be more worried about them, than herself.

Glory could handle it if she died, but if her family did? She would die with them. The only reason she hasn't faltered yet, was because of them. Jambu was her quirky, pink brother who, although she hates him at times, would always be there for her. The other dragonets may not be related to her by blood, they might as well be, they were the only true family she had. And Deathbringer, the only one who could make her insides turn to mush and have the most annoying jittering in her stomach.

She wouldn't be able to survive without any of her friends. There wouldn't be a point. Shaking her head, Glory resumed her task. She watched without a falter in her gaze. A rustling was heard in the trees behind her.

Whipping around, Glory bared her deadly fangs. "I'm sorry, Your Majesty. I didn't mean to startle you." Hearing her messenger's voice, Glory relaxed her position and settled into her 'Queen Mode,' as Deathbringer liked to call it. Hiding the pang of sadness at her bodyguard's name, Glory nodded her head at the messenger to speak.

"Your SeaWing friend has requested I tell you that everything is set to attack at dawn." Glory nodded, dismissing the RainWing.

Glory watched as the sun slowly set over the rainforest, admiring the beauty of nature. They would attack tomorrow and bring her bodyguard home. It was time to bring him home. She could only hope that he could hold on long enough for her to get there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey ya'll! Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to comment ideas for me to draw and post about. I love all the comments and support you guys give me! Thanks so much! Are you guys ready for Nonexistent to be posted??? If you haven't heard about it, go check out my announcements page. The description is listed there. The prologue will be going up soon and then it will be updating every other week. Scars & Fears will still be updating weekly until it's finished, which won't be too long now. Have a great week!