Safe and Sound

Hey guys! Hope you have enjoyed this story so far. It is just about to get really action-packed in the parts coming up. Feel free to comment your opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Glory awoke she felt way better than she did the night before. That's when she realized who she was next to. Instead of flinching or moving away, Glory reveled in the cool feeling of Deathbringer's scales against her own. Deathbringer must have noticed her waking up, for he stirred not a moment later.

As Deathbringer woke from his deep slumber, he noticed Glory was a soft pink color mixed with blue. She seemed much calmer than last night. He had wanted to question her about it last night, but he did not wish to make her feel even worse.

When Deathbringer spoke, he spoke with great softly, "I'm sorry."

"Why? None of this is your fault." Deathbringer rolled his eyes. "Because I should've been here for you. You know you can talk to me about anything, right?"

"Yeah, I know."

The early, morning light shone through the treetops. Glory knew she should tell Deathbringer, but if she did he might become even more overprotective. If she didn't he would just continue to worry. The Rainwing sighed softly and came to a decision.

"I've been having nightmares." What she said, was the last thing Deathbringer would've thought she would say. "They're  about when one of the guardians, Kestrel specifically, would abuse me for being a useless Rainwing." Glory said the last part quietly, not knowing what Deathbringer's reaction would be. His reaction shocked the Rainwing Queen.

"You are the furthest thing from useless, Glory. You are beautiful and strong willed. You're stubborn, sarcastic, and an amazing Queen and dragon. They had no right to beat you for being yourself and if they were alive I would kill them a hundred times over. No one will ever hurt you ever again, not while I'm here."

When Deathbringer looked back at Glory he saw a tear fall down her cheek. Then she did what he least expected her to do. She jumped into his arms and sobbed. He wrapped her up in his wings and hugged her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry I'm late guys. I've been super busy and just had the chance to finish the chapter. Hope you guys liked it!