... to the Lost

Hey y'all! Hope you guys are having a great Christmas. I decided to post this chapter early in light of the holiday season. This chapter will be dedicated to the amazing @QueenFirefly74, go check out their stories! Have an amazing day!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deathbringer's eyes widened when he realized who was in front of him. The dragon was sobbing and all Deathbringer wanted to do was fold her up in his wings and tell her it's okay. But, he didn't feel it was real.

"G-Glory?" Deathbringer stammered out. The dragon looked up and ran towards him. Deathbringer opened his wings, just to be tackled by Glory in a hug. Glory continued to sob into his chest as he held her close.

When she finally stopped her sobs, Glory looked up and met Deathbringer's eyes. She had to act quickly if she wanted to save him. "Do you know where you are? Who took you? Are you okay?" Glory questioned rapidly. Deathbringer rolled his eyes, "No. An IceWing names Freeze. And yes I'm fine."

At his response, Glory rolled her eyes. Then the realization struck. "An IceWing took you? That means I have to talk to Glacier.  Ugh, I hate her." Deathbringer shook his head and the RainWing. "Yes, it was an IceWing. His name's Freeze." Glory had a thoughtful look on her face as she quickly put that piece of information into section of her brain for later. Now she could focus on her assassin.

Seeing this, Deathbringer wrapped a wing around her and held her close. Glory looked up at him. Normally, she's flinch but she felt safe in his wings. She stayed there, cuddled up to him.

"We're going to get you back," Glory mumbles softly. Deathbringer looked down at her with adoration and admiration in his gaze. "I know. And I'll be ready to fight my way if need be." Glory smiled, feeling content and happy knowing that she would get her beloved bodyguard out of his prison.

"Are you really okay?" The question startled Deathbringer and he looked at her, shocked that she had picked up on his slight lie. "Uh, er, I don't really know your definition of 'okay?'" His statement sounded more like a question and instilled fear within Glory.

"Are you hurt? Injured? How bad? Please tell me you aren't going to die. Not yet, you can't leave me yet." The last part was said so quietly that Deathbringer had a hard time picking it up. "No, no, no, it's alright. I'm not going to leave you. Never will I. Freeze may have gave me a bit of a hurting but nothing I can't take. I promise, I'm not going to die before I get to see our dragonets."

Glory heaved a sigh of relief. Then picked up on his words. "Dragonets?!"

"Well, yeah? I plan on continuing my line of all-wonderful and all-handsome dragons, don't you?" Deathbringer gave his signature smirk at Glory's dumbfounded face. That's when he started to fade. "No! I don't want to leave yet! Please," Glory let out a cry as her beloved assassin faded away.

"I'll come back, promise I will. I won't ever leave you!" Deathbringer faded away completely after his final line.

Glory jolted awake, feeling happy but sad. She had seen her Deathbringer. He was alive and gave them clues on how to find him. I never realized I had missed him that much. I guess the saying is true, distance really does make the heart grow fonder.

The RainWing couldn't stop thinking about him for the next few minutes. Dragonets? They had never talked about it before, but she certainly wanted them. Only with Deathbringer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyyyyyy! Merry Christmas!!!!!! Hope y'all have a great day and Happy Holidays to everyone! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!